Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was just more surprised that they supported it at all, instead of just taking a sort of neutral stance on it.
At this point I think very few entertainment companies are going to want to be seen as neutral.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
here are just a few brands and companies to be proud of when it comes to marriage equality....
...yes, Target too! I challenge the nation's bigots to try and boycott all these products and industries. I am proud that Disney, Pixar, the Muppets and the Jim Henson Company are all supporters of equality.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now if some of these companies could also stop the outsourcing everything would be perfect. :wink:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
here are just a few brands and companies to be proud of when it comes to marriage equality....
...yes, Target too! I challenge the nation's bigots to try and boycott all these products and industries. I am proud that Disney, Pixar, the Muppets and the Jim Henson Company are
all supporters of equality.
Did the Muppets ever say anything about it? I don't remember them ever saying anything about it. When did they say it? :confused:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Did the Muppets ever say anything about it? I don't remember them ever saying anything about it. When did they say it? :confused:
The Muppets and Marvel are owned by the Walt Disney Company and they've been a firm supporter of gay marriage so their subsidiaries are included. :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't think so and I think there is a difference between Equality and Gay marriage Equality was really about people excepting other people for who they are. Now accepting people for the way they are and approving of what the do are two diff rent things. I can look at someone who is different them me and can find common ground but that same person will not like everything I do in my home and I will not like everything he dose in his and that is OK. I can respect anyone who wants to make a relationship work and if they feel that they want to get married that is not up to me or these list of companies to deice if they support them or not. It is a personal decision between them there lover and God everything else dose not matter.
The Jim Henson co Best buy and The president support gay marriage Who cares? Are they buying wedding gifts for very couple that are getting married? Are they sending out thank you cards telling the couples to keep up the fight? The answer is NO... Why because when it comes down to it it still is a personal decision that that couple will have to live with for the rest of there lives.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Speaking of The Muppets stance on Gay marriage when Kermit was in Australia of last year promoting the movie they were asking him about his relationship with Piggy and Kermit joked he's not sure if frogs and pigs can get married cause it's not legal (LOL) and so they asked him about gay marriage not being legal in some states and he said "I think you should be able to marry the person you love." And if I still had the video I'd post it but I believe it's since been taken down. So yep Muppets are supporters too!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I don't think so and I think there is a difference between Equality and Gay marriage Equality was really about people excepting other people for who they are. Now accepting people for the way they are and approving of what the do are two diff rent things. I can look at someone who is different them me and can find common ground but that same person will not like everything I do in my home and I will not like everything he dose in his and that is OK. I can respect anyone who wants to make a relationship work and if they feel that they want to get married that is not up to me or these list of companies to deice if they support them or not. It is a personal decision between them there lover and God everything else dose not matter.
The Jim Henson co Best buy and The president support gay marriage Who cares? Are they buying wedding gifts for very couple that are getting married? Are they sending out thank you cards telling the couples to keep up the fight? The answer is NO... Why because when it comes down to it it still is a personal decision that that couple will have to live with for the rest of there lives.
Companies like Walt Disney and some others on the list give rights and benefits to gay partners so yes, it matters VERY MUCH!

There has been much talk in this thread about a company that discriminates against gay people. Because of this I felt like posting a list of ones who don't. These companies aren't encouraging anyone to make a personal choice one way or the other, but they are standing up against discrimination to those who would deny people the freedom to marry the partner of their choosing. That's the point.

I think you're seeing through rose-colored glasses. Gay Americans have a history of being bullied by people professing to be Christians. These groups have assumed to speak for the majority in order draft legislation intended to force us to follow the tenants of their faith without any choice of our own. For that reason, it's good to see that the companies that impact our everyday lives have now lent voice and support to allow people like me the same civil liberties as any other straight American.

I'm not naive in believing that it gives me or anyone some sort of moral ground. But I can't deny that it's how change in this county begins. It's how freedom wins out over oppression. When enough influential people finally say - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! And that's what the people on this list have done.

Yes, it matters. It matters very much!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Doesn't or didnt' Disney used to have like a Gay Pride type event in their parks at one time? Don't quote me on that as I'm not sure but I thought there was. Or maybe there still is? Could've just been a one time event when they FIRST openly said they supported Gay rights.