Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

Hubert

Reaction score
I think that that really puts it the best. It always has amazed me how a bunch of random people who wouldn't even know each other if they ran into them right now somehow get together every single day and act crazy. That's the diversity that Jim Henson stands for. Though we may not agree with the decisions of Chick-Fil-A, or we may not agree with the decision of JHC, it is still important to respect those decisions. As said, you also do have to give Chick-Fil-A credit for standing up for what they believe in, even if some disagree with it. We can all get along with each other, regardless of beliefs, and that's the message of Jim Henson.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I think that that really puts it the best. It always has amazed me how a bunch of random people who wouldn't even know each other if they ran into them right now somehow get together every single day and act crazy. That's the diversity that Jim Henson stands for. Though we may not agree with the decisions of Chick-Fil-A, or we may not agree with the decision of JHC, it is still important to respect those decisions. As said, you also do have to give Chick-Fil-A credit for standing up for what they believe in, even if some disagree with it. We can all get along with each other, regardless of beliefs, and that's the message of Jim Henson.
I agree. We should all be able to come together celebrate our differences without having to tread on one another. However, if that's the case, then why wouldn't someone "agree with the decision of JHC?"

Again, no one took issue with CFA's statement of belief. It's the actions they took to enforce them on others and their history of concealing them that are suspect.

Behaving like a charismatic Convincing John and witnessing to people is one thing, but stripping the liberties of those who believe differently is something sinister.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I try to live by The Golden Rule "Treat others the way you wanna be treated." and I don't think you have to be any religion to get that. and hopefully that's something we can ALL agree on!!!

Hubert

Reaction score
I agree. We should all be able to come together celebrate our differences without having to tread on one another. However, if that's the case, then why wouldn't someone "agree with the decision of JHC?"
I more meant the decision of JHC to support gay marriage, but at any rate...

bandit

Reaction score
While I agree with you, JV (and I really do) my point was that no matter WHERE you fall in on this debate, there is still room for us to be civil and friendly...which I think we've all been, for the most part.
That's what I like about a place like MC. It really is a melting pot of people with different beliefs and yet we can look past all of that and still meet on common ground.
I never did eat at CFA after I found out about their stance on these paritcular issues. I didn't like the idea of such a proactive effort being put forth to prevent people from having things I see as basic human rights. I do have friends who still eat there and may still even now and that's just how it goes. It irks me, SURE to an extent, but they are my friends and I love them for a hundred other reasons. I kind of feel that way about it here. In general, I think the people here at MC are smart, fun people who come from all walks of life. I welcome our differences. Keeps things from getting too peaceful or boring. ^_- V

Hubert

Reaction score
That is something I like about here...like I was saying before, when you think about it, we're all just a bunch of absolutely random people from all over the place, who just so happen to have one thing in common. Yet we still seem to care about each other so much, listen to each other, give advice...it's just amazing. And I guess it comes along with the fandom and what Jim stood for. It just amazes me that everyone here is so caring and forgiving...not something you find online much these days.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I more meant the decision of JHC to support gay marriage, but at any rate...
Oh. Yeah, that outright advocacy surprised me too, but it probably shouldn't have because they've always supported diversity. It's the donation of their profits from the CFA deal to the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation that was a particularly nice touch.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's cause for the most part people on here are able to debate whether they disagree or not in a mature adult manner. To me thats the brillance of Jim Henson. Even though he's no longer with us he still continues to bring people from all walks of life together. And NO I don't care if I sound cheesy or not! It's the truth! I've been to so many forums that have shut down cause people just started lashing out at each other.

Hubert

Reaction score
Oh. Yeah, that outright advocacy surprised me too, but it probably shouldn't have because they've always supported diversity. It's the donation of their profits from the CFA deal to the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation that was a particularly nice touch.
I was just more surprised that they supported it at all, instead of just taking a sort of neutral stance on it.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I was just more surprised that they supported it at all, instead of just taking a sort of neutral stance on it.
I also expected some generalization of supporting diversity too, but I'm glad that Henson joined Disney and other companies that have vocally come out in their support gay-marriage such as Amazon, Apple, Best Buy, Clorox, Coca-Cola, Ford, General Mills, GM, Google, J.C. Penny, Kraft, Levi’s, McDonalds, Microsoft, Nike, Pepsi, P&G, Sears, Starbucks, UPS and Wells Fargo to name a few. The CFA-minded people would have a hard time boycotting all of those guys. It's safe to say that the national tide has turned on this issue.