Henson issues statement about Chick-Fila-A

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I've been saying: first of all, we're all God's children; second of all, God loves all people, and that even includes sinner, murderers, thieves, adulterers, atheists, agnostics, etc; thirdly, God gave us free will to do what we want, if we all literally bowed down to the kind of pressure some teach us, He wouldn't be a god, He would be a dictator; also, God tells us not to be judgemental of other people, so as such, there's a BIG example right there of Christians (again, it's mostly conservatives) being hypocrites by spending so much time bashing a group of people for who they are... which really begs the question, WHY are these so-called Christ-like people acting like homosexuality is the greatest sin ever? Matter of fact, why are they acting like it's the ONLY sin there is? Anytime other "offenders", such as that Colorodo shooter are in the news, they're like, "I pray that God will help these people", but when it comes to gays, it's a whole different manner?

Yes to all of that. I really hate this idea that God is the kid from that Twilight episode (that I'm sure none of us actually saw) that they parodied in that Simpsons episode (which we probably all saw), and we have to think happy thoughts out of complete fear so nothing bad happens to us. That would create more atheists, the snarky kind, than it would followers. I don't want a God who hates EVERYTHING, and as for antisemitism in some sects of Christianity.. Jesus was a Jew... who would want a religion where he worshiped himself?

As far as the "recall" goes. Tough Pigs found out an interesting development about this.

So… they’re recalling them because there’s no problem with them, but there might be? The timing certainly seems suspicious, although it’s interesting to note that the sign is dated July 19th, a full day before Henson’s announcement. Did Chick-fil-A corporate headquarters know about Henson’s decision and immediately alert their franchisees to post this notice? Are all Chick-fil-A’s posting this sign, or did this particular store take it upon themselves to do so?
Now, while I also agree it's a bunch of PR butt-covering/immature poo flinging, there does exist that small possibility that (what I was saying before this whole mess started) the toys are poorly designed pieces of crap and could have been recalled naturally. They were plastic cans with punch out paper bits. That is not a toy. That's a piece of plastic with paper glued to it. I don't even like stickers on my toys. Freaking things rub off.

And you just know if none of this would have happened, some DUMB kid would shove it down their esophagus and wind up killing themselves (remember BK's Pokeball recall?) and they'd have to be recalled anyway. So maybe it was for the best. They were lousy "toys" anyway.

let's dwell on what McD's did with Henson's Creature Shop

Slackbot

Reaction score
I'm suspicious of the date on that sign. After all, who here hasn't fudged the date on a check to make it look like they sent their utility payment in on time? If they can lie about the reason they're yanking they toys, they can fib about the date too.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
For me personally it's not a matter of whether I agree with gay marriage or not it's about everyone deserving equal rights. I always try to put myself in other peoples shoes and know if I was gay and couldn't get married legally like a man and woman can you better believe I'd be mad and even hurt. And I'll be frank I only care about the way I live I don't care how anyone else lives. That's their private business not mine. And besides who am I to judge? I'm sure people think some of the ways I live are weird. We worry too much about other people IMO. If gays want to get married let them. They ain't harming me personally!

I'm a follower of Christ I fully admit it but even Jesus says "love thy neighbor."

bandit

Reaction score
I'm suspicious of the date on that sign. After all, who here hasn't fudged the date on a check to make it look like they sent their utility payment in on time? If they can lie about the reason they're yanking they toys, they can fib about the date too.
Yeah i noticed that too. That just makes the whole thing that much shadier. I don't buy it. Not for a minute. Without the controversy driving them to pull their toys, that whole statement would become completely unnecessary. Besides, anyone with half a brain can put two and two together. And see CFA couldn't continue distributing JH toys now thT JH pulled the plug. Youdon't have to make up a reason!

Vincent L

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, the date appears to be in a different font than the text.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, yeah... that's clearly the case. I'm pretty sure that picture was taken after that as well.

But they found the most believable lie they possibly could because these toys Su-diddly-uck! They aren't even worth tracking down and buying on e-Bay. Especially since there's 40 something years at least of much better Henson merchandising.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if non of this crap happened and they still recalled it.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh they broke one of the ten commandments "thou shall not lie" their going to ****!!!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Ahhh! What should I do? I love eating here, but now I feel I shouldn't. Mcdonalds Nuggets will never satisfy me.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, the date appears to be in a different font than the text.
I typed the sentence out in Arial, and it looked just liked the sign. I'm pretty certain nobody Photoshopped the date into the picture.