Henson Exits Muppet House Post

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No replacement has been named which likely means Rivkin takes over Brian's duties for the time being since there isn't a board of directors at Henson.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
If anyone can summarize this news in 15 words or less, I will give you a pretend sticker.

(I just don't have the attention span to do it myself)

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
There's no board of directors? Ahhh, the EM.TV sale right?

Hurry EM.TV, research paper, one week.

FER SURE

Reaction score
Emmy

Brian Henson is leaving his current position at Henson to pursue more artistic endeavours!

I did it in 14!!!!!!

Where is my sticker?

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Brian is chairman no more, do more performing.

That's eight words. It's incredably stupid, but less than 15 words.

Luke

Reaction score
Brian Henson Leaving To Toss Penguins ! (There ya go Emmy)

Theres another version of this press release that also mentions that there has only been one bid for the Henson company and that has come from Rivkin (and a mystery backer) and the price may come down to 150 million. The full thing is over at www.toughpigs.com

I'm not sure how accurate the information in that press release is though, as it seems wierd that with the company going that cheap, why would Disney or Warners not be interested - it's wierd !

As for Brian - no great loss - he didn't run the company very well when he was in charge, and he can't get any directing jobs outside Henson. He was in power simply because he was the bosses son and that doesn't give you a ticket to success. It seems like he has very little to do now with the Henson company - just Farscape and two projects being pitched.

We were talking about this over in Toughpigs chat last night and there were hints that Brian may have resigned as a result of the upcoming sale. Chairmans are usually replaced once a parent company takes over anyway and it looks like Brian was given a chance to get out early and with dignity intact.

I guess people will be quite supportive of the Rivkin buyout but their main reason was that the company would stay a family one - but now we are sans any Hensons. I think they've got serious problems - i hope this isnt terminal !

Muppets1985

Reaction score
What does this mean? (scared :stick_out_tongue: )

**It's understood that the Henson Co. has drawn interest from the Walt Disney Co. -- which acquired Henson 12 years ago but then scrapped the deal after a long legal battle -- and AOL Time Warner, among others, but so far none has been willing to meet EM.TV's asking price of about $200 million.**

EmmyMik

Reaction score
FER SURE, Crazy Harry, and Luke

You all get pretend stickers.

Your choices are:

A strawberry scratch and sniff sticker that has been scratched but not sniffed.

A glittery heart sticker.

A dolphin sticker.

An alien sticker.

A Chiquita Banana sticker.

A sticker with a picture of a cartoon cow on it.

(sorry Luke, no penguin stickers)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Emmy

Emmy, I just have to ask...Can I have the cartoon cow one?...

I collect them....

Zack)Rowlf the,does the Chiquita Banana sticker smell like a banana?Dog.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Re: Emmy

Originally posted by Zack the Dog
Emmy, I just have to ask...Can I have the cartoon cow one?...

I collect them....

Zack)Rowlf the,does the Chiquita Banana sticker smell like a banana?Dog.
Well, you didn't summarize the news for me, but since I like you, you can have the pretend cartoon cow sticker (actually, I have a bunch or real cartoon cow stickers, but they're under my bed somewhere)...

And the Chiquita Banana sticker smells like the banana peel...

:smile: