Henson event at MTR

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi, everyone,
I just received my Fall preview guide for the Museum of T.V. and Radio in NYC. According to this on Sept. 24th Jim's (and Steve's!) birthday, they will be having a celebration of Jim Henson's work from 12-4 p.m. The description is very vague...all it says is (paraphrasing since I don't have it in front of me): "Join us for a day of celebration that includes screenings, activities and special guests from the Henson Company". I don't know what this all involves, etc. I sent a e-mail to the Public Relations department at the museum to see if I can find out more because I would love to go so long as it doesn't just include things I have on home video and it's not all kids stuff. The tickets are on a first come first serve basis with admission to the museum that day so this isn't the kind of thing where you can get tickets in advance like the event they had a few years ago. Just thought everyone would like to know...
Melissa

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That's sweet; and my wife and I have been wanting a reason to go for another trip into the city; can you give us a link or something? I'd like to go, but I don't know where it is. Oh, and GREAT find!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi, Vic,
Sure the link to the museum's site is www.mtr.org And click on the New York branch link. Unfortunately there's no additional info as of yet on their website. It must be in such early stages right now. I hope we find out more as the event gets closer!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hmm... thanks for the link Melissa, but I searched the site and couldn't find anything about it; maybe it's still too soon to list. Either way, I think it's relatively safe to say I'm gonna' make a big effort to go! :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hi, Vic,
Sorry I didn't get back to ya sooner. I was away all weekend. That would be great if you and the wife could make it!! I still haven't heard anything from the PR dept. at the museum. I'm thinking of possibly calling them over the next week or so (figuring they'll have more concrete plans by then) and talk to someone as e-mails often get ignored you know? So I'll post any further info I find out (if anything) hopefully over the next couple of weeks...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Vic, this is fantastic news! The Museum does have some great special events once in a while. Back in January 2004 I was lucky enough to meet Christopher Cerf and some of the puppeteers from Between the Lions, so I can only imagine who might show up this time! :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Vic,
Yeah I can't guarantee I'll find out any more info. I don't want to pester them either. But hopefully someone will get back to me and I will try calling once and will hopefully get more information.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Henson will donate something rare to the museum at this event (if they are allowed to), like the original version of the Connie Stevens episode of The Muppet Show (before it was reworked and re-edited), the Cinderella pilot, or even something that not even us fans know about.