Henson.com's reply to Storyteller on US DVD.

Bored

Reaction score
I recently wrote to Henson.com asking if they would ever release the "Storyteller" episodes (both original and Greek series) on DVD. I pointed out that the series itself is very hard to find these days because of VHS degrading over the years as well as it being impossible to find a complete set of the episodes of the original series that is in good condition.

The following is the reply I got from Henson.com:

Thanks for your input. This is something that we are currently evaluating. New release decisions are always announced on www.henson.com.

Regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

For the most Sensational, Inspirational, Celebrational, Dot.com-ational...
...This is what we call...collectible Muppet Moments!
http://www.henson.com/anniversary25
If you would like to receive ongoing information on MUPPETS, please email us at
muppet-fans@henson.com

Who knows, they might actually release 'em on DVD. Also, I lincluded the links on the bottom of the message just in case anybody wanted some MOV files of the Muppets that Henson.com is promoting for the 25th anniversery. :halo:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Well, that's a better reply than I got last year. At the time I was told that no plans were being made to release them in R1, even though they'd been released in some R2 areas.

Bored

Reaction score
I know, about a year or so I asked them the same question and I got more or less the same answer - that there are now current plans. I figured this time I'd bombard them with information showing that I DID know about the previous formats the episodes had been released in (Laserdisc in Japan, VHS in the UK by the now defunct VTS productions, etc.) plus what was currently being offered by Columbia/Tri-Star. In the end I just asked them who should I ask about future releases - Henson.com itself, or Columbia/Tri-Star since they were the ones who produced the VHSs and DVDs (for almost everything on Henson.com - the site itself mentions this.) Anyway, also mentioned how video degrades with age, laserdiscs rot due to manufacturing difficulties, etc. IMO, they should release the series on DVD - I know I'm not the only fan and if people on Ebay can sell VHS copies of duplicates made in the 1980's for almost 100 bucks for 9 episodes, there has to be SOMETHING in the number of fans who still want to watch the series.