Help with Uploading...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
or downloading or whatever it is.

I forgot who wanted it now, but I have "The Rainbow Connection" on Karaoke version saved to a CD. Picked it up off the internet. It's okay sounding, just a little slower than the actual song.

Anyhoo, they wanted me to email them a copy of the thing, and I have ZERO idea how.

So, will one of you technologically, computer advanced people tell this computer illiterate how to do it?

THANKEE!!

FOZ

Thijs

Reaction score
Hey Fozz,

you will need software to put cd-tracks on your pc. you can find that sort of software on www.download.com

When i am at home i will check wich program i use.

Thijs

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Woo. I can't afford to buy anything else to do that with. Someone once emailed me directions on how to do it a few months ago, the one who wanted the song, and now I can't remember who it was.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need a free program like MusicMatch to rip the songs from a CD to MP3 form.

I haven't used MusicMatch in a while but here's an overview of how to get started.

(1) Donwload and install the program...

http://www.musicmatch.com

(2) Create an MP3 Folder

Before you start encoding (converting) your music and audio files into MP3s, you should create an MP3 folder to store them in. Creating a new folder on your desktop is the easiest way but you can put the folder anywhere on your system. To make a new folder to store your MP3s, carefully follow these instructions.

a. Open your MusicMatch Jukebox by clicking on the MusicMatch icon.
b. Once in MusicMatch Jukebox, select options, then click on settings, and then recorder.
c. When you are in the recording section, select Songs Directory.
d. You should now be in the New Songs Directory options section.
e. Under Directory For New Songs, browse for the new folder to store your MP3 sermon files

(2) Select a bitrate

a. To do this, first click the "Options" button at the top of MusicMatch. Then click Settings.
b. Next, click on the Recorder tab.
c. Under Custom Quality click MP3 CBR and adjust the sliding control to 192 kbps (or whatever you want to use).

(3) Rip the CD.

a. Insert a CD into the CD drive on your computer.
b. After a few seconds, you should see all the tracks on the CD appear in the Recorder section of Jukebox. You may need to click the recorder button (top left corner) to see this window.
c. Select the tracks you want to encode by clicking in the corresponding check boxes. To unselect a track, click on the check box again. To encode all the tracks on the CD, select 'All'.

(4) Begin Encoding

Click the "start" button in the Recorder section to encode the songs you selected. MusicMatch will convert them into MP3 files, and automatically save them to your MP3 folder. It will take a few seconds for each song but less than the actual playing time.

When you're ready to encode a new CD, just repeat steps 3 and 4. When you're done, you can close MusicMatch Jukebox. Your new MP3 files should be in your new folder.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Holy Smoke!!

Well, thanks, Phil. I'll have to give it a try tonight.

EEK!!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Kevin,

Ever get this working?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya,

Yessir! Alex sent me instructions, but my computer is AWFULLY slow.

I'm going to try to email you a copy of the tune as well as Alex and Scott to use if you can on a website or whatever; plus, if anyone needs it again it'll be available to them from at least 3 or 4 sources that way.

I'll try to send it on Saturday morning. I hope. IF it works.

FOZ