Help with quoting

P

Princeton

How do you quote just a small portion of someone else's post? When you click on "Quote", it gives you the whole post. Help, anyone? :confused:

Luke

Reaction score
Treat the quotes exactly the same as a regular piece of text in a word processor. Just highlight the bits you want to erase, right click and click 'cut' - either that or just manually use your delete key on the keyboard. Just make sure you don't erase the bits in []

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To add to what Luke said, it's actually a really good idea when you quote posts to only leave a sentence or two in the quote. People reading the discussion will be able to keep up to speed that way without there being an entire post quoted again that they have already read.

P

Princeton

Sorry, guys, I hope I'm not being a pain, but can I quote from 2 posts and put in into just 1 post?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Sorry, guys, I hope I'm not being a pain, but can I quote from 2 posts and put in into just 1 post?
Yes you can just copy the text you want from different posts and insert it between the Quote tags that you add for each quote.

like this:

To add to what Luke said, it's actually a really good idea when you quote posts to only leave a sentence or two in the quote. People reading the discussion will be able to keep up to speed that way without there being an entire post quoted again that they have already read.
How do you quote just a small portion of someone else's post? When you click on "Quote", it gives you the whole post. Help, anyone? :confused: