Help regarding costume

Pork

Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a Jedi outfit for a dress up party, but I don't want to spend a fortune. Anybody know where I can get a cheap cloak or something? In Australia would be handy. Any other ideas regarding what else I could make towards it, like cheap ideas to make it look awesome. hehe. thanks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Beats me, I haven't dressed up in a costume in I about six years, and I haven't gone looking for anything for costumes since then, so I'm afraid I'm of no help.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Beats me, I haven't dressed up in a costume in I about six years, and I haven't gone looking for anything for costumes since then, so I'm afraid I'm of no help.
Wow. How boring is that? I love costume parties! I especially the makeup part. I hope now that I'm in college I can take some real classes for that kind of stuff. As for robes.... down under...... the secondhand store always works good for me! Or my dad's clothes. Or the cliche old bedsheet. They seem to work pretty good for a lot of things, if you don't mind doing some sewing or pinning.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I love costume parties!
As do I!

Halloween is my favorite time of year. Alas, I'm a little too old and too tall (6'1) to be a convincing trick-or-treater.

But there are always Halloween and/or costume parties!

One of my best was as the skinny, 1950s Elvis. I combed my hair up into a pompadour and wore cool-looking Elvis-like clothes (a mix of pinks, blacks and whites).

Beakerfan

Reaction score
One of my best was as the skinny, 1950s Elvis. I combed my hair up into a pompadour and wore cool-looking Elvis-like clothes (a mix of pinks, blacks and whites).
Awesome! I myself plan on going as Prisilla one of these years. But first I'm going as a werewolf, just because I want to do the makeup.

Snowthy, you are never too old to dress up, okay?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Awesome! I myself plan on going as Prisilla one of these years. But first I'm going as a werewolf, just because I want to do the makeup.

Snowthy, you are never too old to dress up, okay?
Cool! You're gonna do the whole 'Cilla beehive thing?

Make-up is fun, too. One year I went trick or treating as a zombie. The stuff I put on my face (when mixed with water) resembled blue, gnarly oatmeal. All I know is, it dried really quick, and I couldn't move my facial muscles at all. Which was neat, anyway. Whoever heard of a smiling zombie?:big_grin:

Pork

Reaction score
Thanks beakerfan, I'll be haunting the second hand shops for the next month or so hehe.
I love costume parties. I've been before as Queen Amidala, when I was like thirteen. I've had heaps of other costumes too. I was the clown for our youth group once. hehe

Pork

Reaction score
whoever said that obviously doesn't get invited to many fancy dress parties.