Help need info on Kermit Song

biggied

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out the name and movie a kermit song came from. It is the one with kermit in a boat with singing. I believe it starts out with "Why do birds suddenly appear. every time you are near." Can someone help me out.
Thanks,
D:confused:

radionate

Reaction score
I'm 99% sure that Kermit signing his version of The Carpenter's, "Close to You."

I'm also pretty sure this wasn't ever sung in a movie. Now on that I could be wrong.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Close to You" was sung with Connie Stevens, Kermit and Fozze in episode 2 of the Muppet Show. It was also done with some Whatnot Muppets in the fifth season and Johnny Fiamma sang it briefly on Muppets Tonight.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Phillip,

That amazes, delights, and frankly somewhat frightens me that you could come up with all that information. :wink:

Markus

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Markus,

Glad you enjoy the entertainment! :big_grin:

biggied

Reaction score
That is why he is the web master and muppet master. Thanks for the info. I'm trying to put together a slide show and recalled this song and thought that it would be perfect. Thanks for your help so far.
D :cool:

Crit

Reaction score
Guys, I'm getting married in two weeks and the bride to be wants to use "close to you" at the cake cutting. Can anyone send it to crit.bennett@gmail.com for use at the wedding?