Help Me!!!

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Hi Ho Everyone,
I am having a big problem with the Henson Company for sale. I don't quite understand it, so If anyone could explane it to me, I would appreciate it. If someone buys it, does Henson have any controll over the characters? Why doesn't the Henson company just keep it? Someone please help!

Jake

Luke

Reaction score
I think we need 'Henson Mergers For Dummies' - i may write that, make thousands off it and then buy them myself ! LOL !

<<If someone buys it, does Henson have any controll over the characters? >>

The Henson family may have some creative control over the characters but as fans we don't know about it. So there could be a line in the original sale contract with EMTV that states that as long as they are called 'Jim Hensons Muppets' they cannot be seen to do anything that brings the Henson name into disrepute. However overall, they have no general day to day control over what the Muppets do.

<<Why doesn't the Henson company just keep it?>>

They don't own it. It was already sold to German company EMTV by Jim Henson's children about two years ago. The Henson's have little to do with the company day-to-day now but there was the opportunity for the present management at 'Jim Henson Company' to buy back the Muppets but it doesn't look like they've been successful.