Hello, Hollywood!

mummytomb

Reaction score
Long time listener, first time caller.

Are any of you in the L.A. area? I'm eager to meet other puppeteers and start networking.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
might i suggest that you get in touch with your local Puppetry guild, would be the best place to get started as far as finding other puppeteers and puppet builders in your location

here is thier web address

la puppet guild how to join

mummytomb

Reaction score
That is " a" Start, However, I don't Have independant cash flow, nor do I speak Italian.

Blink

Reaction score
mummytomb said:
That is " a" Start, However, I don't Have independant cash flow, nor do I speak Italian.
Indeed it can sometimes be hard to find the money to do the things that we want. I believe their membership fee is $25.00 for new members. If the money amount is and issue perhaps you can contact the president of the guild and work out some sort of payment agreement.

About speaking Italian (I think you are refering to the "Summer Marionette Workshop in Italy" listed in the EVENTS section of the site). I think that is just a workshop that is being offered by another company and not actually a part of the guild. For me personally I would love to go to Italy but $2,600 - $5,600 US is way too much out of my price range.

The guild could still be a great opportunity. Many people with the same interest in puppetry all in the same place. Good way to network.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
yeah i dont think speaking italian is a requirement, any how, i think u can go to a meeting for free, at least that way you can meeta few people and see if its what you wnat to do, also check out Leslie Carreras show, she is a amazing puppeteer, it might be good to see some of the indepentednt stuff people are doing, it snot all muppets in the wolrd of puppetry,

if you were in NYC you would see that thier are tons of different puppet events happening all over the place, but i really think that the Guild is the best way to start networking for u if you are new to the area and with out contacts, you need to start some where, also check out some of the local puppet troups in your arae and ask to stay and speak to the after a show,

i think a LA puppet theatre posted a add on the P of A website
Puppeteers of america website, Bulletin board

if anything explore the sites a bit and look for links to websites and people you can try and get in touch with.

mummytomb

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, gang! I'll let you know how things turn out.