Have you met any celebrities?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've seen shows and such with celebs, but the only one I've actually spoken to is Lin Manuel-Miranda, who was very nice about my niche question.

(SS people don't count. But of those, I've met John Tartaglia, Stephanie D'Abruzzo and Caroll Spinney).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Quite a few! Most of the celebs were at comic cons, but last year I got to meet Doug Walker AKA the Nostalgia Critic and Jon Heder who played Napoleon Dynamite (both loved the Dr. Forrester costume I was wearing).

This year I got to meet Charles Fleischer, the voice of Roger Rabbit in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (random note, but I actually brought up his role as Dweeb in We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story, but he didn't seem to really remember that one too much, though I can understand why; it's not a very popular movie), Justin Roiland of Rick and Morty (I had to go for both the picture and autograph but it was worth it for the signature I got. :stick_out_tongue: and another random note, I mentioned how I loved his role as Lemongrab on Adventure Time and he mentioned the voice he did really hurt his vocals; I can definitely see why), and Chris Sabbat, who's done alot of voices for English dubs for animes, most notably Dragonball Z, though my personal favorite has always been his role as Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho; I even got him to do his Kuwabara voice as we got pictures. :big_grin:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Quite a few! Most of the celebs were at comic cons, but last year I got to meet Doug Walker AKA the Nostalgia Critic and Jon Heder who played Napoleon Dynamite (both loved the Dr. Forrester costume I was wearing).

This year I got to meet Charles Fleischer, the voice of Roger Rabbit in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (random note, but I actually brought up his role as Dweeb in We're Back: A Dinosaur's Story, but he didn't seem to really remember that one too much, though I can understand why; it's not a very popular movie), Justin Roiland of Rick and Morty (I had to go for both the picture and autograph but it was worth it for the signature I got. :stick_out_tongue: and another random note, I mentioned how I loved his role as Lemongrab on Adventure Time and he mentioned the voice he did really hurt his vocals; I can definitely see why), and Chris Sabbat, who's done alot of voices for English dubs for animes, most notably Dragonball Z, though my personal favorite has always been his role as Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho; I even got him to do his Kuwabara voice as we got pictures. :big_grin:

Nice pics! Is that Charles in the 3rd one?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Thanks. I ended up getting rid of the gloves though because they were already in bad shape when they first arrived (cheap China products....).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Even though I didn't see him, I heard that Jimmie Walker (J.J. from GOOD TIMES) was also at the Fanboy Expo, but was a jerk to people and really rude, so I guess I didn't miss anything there, lol. But yeah, I was both excited and nervous when I was there, mainly because I never been to a con before, so I was a novice and didn't quite know what to expect, but with each cast member I met with, the more and more at ease I was because they were so easy to talk to (Bob was especially conversive) - I think they can tell how much they mean to their fans, because Alan in particular said he could just see it in my face that I was a fan. So yeah, the stories are out there, so the fear and apprehension is understandable, but at the same time, there are some out there who really are nice, friendly, and easygoing with their fans, so I wouldn't write it all off completely. Again, I swore I would never go to a con until I heard the SST cast was in town, so I made an exception to my rule, and I'm glad I did, and since I had a good time with minimal issues, I'm more open-minded about going to cons, and will definitely consider going again if other people I admire are going to be at them.
I saw Jimmie Walker back in 1994. He wasn't a jerk, but he wasn't that funny either. He actually seemed quite humble, thanking me for remembering him.
The thing that really struck me was his height (or lack of). On TV he looked like he was 8 feet tall and towered over the rest of the "Good Times" cast. I'm just under 6 feet, and he was looking up at me. So the cast of "Good Times" was a bunch of fidgets!
Jimmie was 27 when "Good Times" aired, playing 17-year-old J.J.
During the s
Even though I didn't see him, I heard that Jimmie Walker (J.J. from GOOD TIMES) was also at the Fanboy Expo, but was a jerk to people and really rude, so I guess I didn't miss anything there, lol. But yeah, I was both excited and nervous when I was there, mainly because I never been to a con before, so I was a novice and didn't quite know what to expect, but with each cast member I met with, the more and more at ease I was because they were so easy to talk to (Bob was especially conversive) - I think they can tell how much they mean to their fans, because Alan in particular said he could just see it in my face that I was a fan. So yeah, the stories are out there, so the fear and apprehension is understandable, but at the same time, there are some out there who really are nice, friendly, and easygoing with their fans, so I wouldn't write it all off completely. Again, I swore I would never go to a con until I heard the SST cast was in town, so I made an exception to my rule, and I'm glad I did, and since I had a good time with minimal issues, I'm more open-minded about going to cons, and will definitely consider going again if other people I admire are going to be at them.
I met Jimmie Walker in 1994. Although he wasn't rude, he wasn't funny either. It's a shame that's still his calling card after nearly 40 years, "J.J. from TV's 'Good Times'".

Before the show he was a struggling comic.
During the show's five year run, he plugged himself at every turn. During hiatus, he was a constant fixture on game shows, The Love Boat, selling his " Dy-No-Mite" t-shirts before they went out of style.

After the show was over, he was back to being a struggling comic.
Can you say "washed-up has-been?"

The one thing that struck me was his height (or lack of). On TV he looked like he was 8 feet tall, towering over the rest of the cast.
I'm just under 6 feet, and when I met Jimmie in person, he was looking up at ME.
So the Good Times cast was a bunch of fidgets!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post. Technical difficulties.
Sorry for the double post. Technical difficulties.