Have you met any celebrities?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Mom:

Meredith Baxter (The mother from Family Ties)

Julia Child (Chef)

Tony Bennett (Singer)

Kathleen Turner (Actress)

Forget who else she met though.

Last edited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Mom:

Meredith Baxter (The mother from Family Ties)

Julia Child (Chef)

Tony Bennett (Singer)

Kathleen Turner (Actress)

Forget who else she met though.
That's some pretty neat people she's meet over the years. I wouldn't of mind getting to meet Julia Child cause I loved watching her show but I wouldn't mind meeting all these people.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i never ever met anyone famous, I'm kind of scared to, because of the stories i have heard from people, who said that the famous people that they have met, were not kind and nice at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I met 3LW in middle school and got their autographs, but my taste in music was extremely limited at that age, and I didn't even really know or care who they were, we all just got in line after their brief little concert because we just had to, lol.

And, of course, last month, I had the thrill of meeting Alan Muraoka, Roscoe Orman, Emilio Delgado, Bob McGrath, Caroll and Debi Spinney at the Knoxville Fanboy Expo: all just as warm, genial, and neighborly as they are on TV. While I didn't actually take the time to meet anyone else, I did also happen to catch glimpses of Barry Williams (who was wandering around instead of sitting at his table), Danny Tamberelli (his table was next to the photo booth), and Gary Busey (saw him getting on an elevator).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
i never ever met anyone famous, I'm kind of scared to, because of the stories i have heard from people, who said that the famous people that they have met, were not kind and nice at all.
I say don't let that stop you. Whenever you have a chance to meet someone you admire, you'll probably feel a lot better having met them, than you would if you just decided not to. If it helps, you could specifically look for people who have been said to be really nice to their fans, like the cast of Sesame Street, for example, is full of very friendly people. Life is a lot more fun when you take risks, than it is when you stay in your comfort zone until your old and wish you had done more. Not to mention, even if the celebrity you meet is a jerk, it'll be something to tell your kids :wink:.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Even though I didn't see him, I heard that Jimmie Walker (J.J. from GOOD TIMES) was also at the Fanboy Expo, but was a jerk to people and really rude, so I guess I didn't miss anything there, lol. But yeah, I was both excited and nervous when I was there, mainly because I never been to a con before, so I was a novice and didn't quite know what to expect, but with each cast member I met with, the more and more at ease I was because they were so easy to talk to (Bob was especially conversive) - I think they can tell how much they mean to their fans, because Alan in particular said he could just see it in my face that I was a fan. So yeah, the stories are out there, so the fear and apprehension is understandable, but at the same time, there are some out there who really are nice, friendly, and easygoing with their fans, so I wouldn't write it all off completely. Again, I swore I would never go to a con until I heard the SST cast was in town, so I made an exception to my rule, and I'm glad I did, and since I had a good time with minimal issues, I'm more open-minded about going to cons, and will definitely consider going again if other people I admire are going to be at them.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Even though I didn't see him, I heard that Jimmie Walker (J.J. from GOOD TIMES) was also at the Fanboy Expo, but was a jerk to people and really rude, so I guess I didn't miss anything there, lol. But yeah, I was both excited and nervous when I was there, mainly because I never been to a con before, so I was a novice and didn't quite know what to expect, but with each cast member I met with, the more and more at ease I was because they were so easy to talk to (Bob was especially conversive) - I think they can tell how much they mean to their fans, because Alan in particular said he could just see it in my face that I was a fan. So yeah, the stories are out there, so the fear and apprehension is understandable, but at the same time, there are some out there who really are nice, friendly, and easygoing with their fans, so I wouldn't write it all off completely. Again, I swore I would never go to a con until I heard the SST cast was in town, so I made an exception to my rule, and I'm glad I did, and since I had a good time with minimal issues, I'm more open-minded about going to cons, and will definitely consider going again if other people I admire are going to be at them.
my parents went to a local comedy show that featured jimmy walker, they said that he was not funny.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I say don't let that stop you. Whenever you have a chance to meet someone you admire, you'll probably feel a lot better having met them, than you would if you just decided not to. If it helps, you could specifically look for people who have been said to be really nice to their fans, like the cast of Sesame Street, for example, is full of very friendly people. Life is a lot more fun when you take risks, than it is when you stay in your comfort zone until your old and wish you had done more. Not to mention, even if the celebrity you meet is a jerk, it'll be something to tell your kids :wink:.
thanks for advice:smile:, i will just have to brave, if ever meet my favorite celebrities.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I haven’t met any celebrities, but my dad has when he worked as a TSA officer, Darius Rucker (Hootie and the Blowfish), Bill Murray, Diana Ross, (her autograph is on the back of one of my school pictures), Mia Hamm, Kenny Loggins and Marc Summers (Food Network’s Unwrapped and Nickelodeon’s Double Dare).

I saw James Taylor in concert and went to one of Jeff Dunham’s shows, but I don’t think that counts as “meeting” them