Has anyone heard of this Henson short film?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I just found this clip on YouTube that I thought others here would be very interested in:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AtxkgrKWkd4

Apparently it's a film called "Ripples" that Jim Henson made for Expo'67. It doesn't look like the whole film. It is very reminiscent of Time Piece, and it says "a film by Jim Henson" in the opening credit so it is indeed by him!

But I have never heard of this! Has anyone else heard of it or seen it before?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Ripples was a one-minute short film directed by Jim Henson in 1967. The film was produced for the Expo'67 festival in Montreal, Canada. The soundtrack was composed by Raymond Scott, and the man was played by Jon Stone (future Sesame Street writer/director/producer/co-creator).

The film features a man in an office droping sugar cube into his coffee, the ripples dissolve in to ripples in a pond as the man views moments of his life flash by in the ripples.

Ripples is one of Henson's lesser-known experimental films, possibly because it only runs about 60-seconds, but it is still a unique and interesting film to watch nonetheless.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ripples is one of Henson's lesser-known experimental films, possibly because it only runs about 60-seconds, but it is still a unique and interesting film to watch nonetheless.
Oh, so it was the whole film! The YouTube clip was so short, I thought it was a preview. Thank you for answering my question so completely! :big_grin: