Harry Potter Film News (Spoilers)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought they had already secured a director for four. Forgot who it was. There was something last week at Yahoo Movies. The article also stated that book four could be split into two movies to be shown in the same year. :eek:

movielad

Reaction score
I remember turning up to Shepperton not so long ago for another, completely unrelated movie, and saw two enormous trailers for Professor Lupin and Peter Pettigrew parked outside one of the soundstages and hence how I came to recognise the background in that photo. :smile:

It looks as though it was taken at Shepperton (although it was quoted on EmpireOnline as being Pinewood). Mind you, I could be completely wrong about that, so don't quote me on it..

Going back to a Henson-related theme, I believe Nick Dudman's doing all the prospethic/animatronic stuff again for this film - whatever happened to JHCS getting some of the good stuff for a change (oh well, at least they've got other projects to be getting on with).

Definately looking forward to the third film - from the pictures recently published in the Evening Standard over here in the UK, it's going to be quite a different film from other others.

Regards,

Martyn

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I think they just thought that she wasn't very important to the third movie. Oliver Wood was cut too, wasn't he? I know he was going to be but a lot of people protested... But as far as I know he's still out too.
:cry:

wockawocka said:
Why are they wearing normal clothes? http://a799.g.akamai.net/3/799/388/...es to see though, I can't wait for the movie!

movielad

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
Yeah, those aren't their normal "normal" clothes. I wonder why. And what is happening in that shot, I can't figure it out. Those were fun pictures to see though, I can't wait for the movie!
Don't forget they're outside Hogwarts when they go to Hogsmeade for the weekend as well, so that's probably why they're out of uniform in those shots.

Has anybody else seen the new Dumbledore? Looks like it's going to be a smooth transfer from Richard Harris's characterisation based at least on the looks alone. It could well work out :smile:

Regards,

Martyn

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
movielad said:
It looks as though it was taken at Shepperton (although it was quoted on EmpireOnline as being Pinewood). Mind you, I could be completely wrong about that, so don't quote me on it..

Going back to a Henson-related theme, I believe Nick Dudman's doing all the prospethic/animatronic stuff again for this film - whatever happened to JHCS getting some of the good stuff for a change...
It's possible that they are using both studios, although that is unusual it has been done before, largely because as I understand there are sometimes space issues when multiple films are shooting in the UK at the same time. We have a similar problem here in Canada when large Hollywood productions come here - the sound stages just aren't big and plentiful enough.

As for the Creature Shop, they didn't do Chamber of Secrets either, did they? (I'm not sure) One of the reason they might not be using the Creature Shop is that JHCS is very expensive as I understand it. It's like ILM, they're the best in the business...but you have to pay for it.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
movielad said:
Don't forget they're outside Hogwarts when they go to Hogsmeade for the weekend as well, so that's probably why they're out of uniform in those shots.
No, I don't mean uniforms. I just meant that those clothes are different than their non-uniform clothes from the past few movies. They always just had sweaters and skirts and that kind of thing when they weren't in their uniforms. In this shot they have jeans,etc--just different.

movielad

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I thought they had already secured a director for four. Forgot who it was. There was something last week at Yahoo Movies. The article also stated that book four could be split into two movies to be shown in the same year. :eek:
Now confirmed as being Mike Newell, who directed Four Weddings and a Funeral. See the following link for more information.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/3140185.stm

No mention of splitting the fourth film into two parts - yet.

Regards,

Martyn

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Seems they have picked a director for the next film, Goblet of Fire. It's actually starting production in April 2004, which is before the 3rd film officially wraps up post production. Goblet of Fire is slated for a 2005 release.

For the full story check out this article.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I thought that was confirmed in a Yahoo article last month. Seems like a good choice.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Do you know if Daniel, Rupert, and Emma are going to be in the fourth movie? All I heard is that Tom isn't going to be because he wants to be a fisherman... but I'm not sure about that either.