Harry Potter Film News (Spoilers)

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Most Potter fans probably know Gary Oldman is playing Harry's God Father Sirius Black in the next Harry Potter movie. A photo of Gary Oldman in costume turned up recently on the net. Click here if you want to check it out.

Cheers!

wockawocka

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Most Potter fans probably know Gary Oldman is playing Harry's God Father Sirius Black in the next Harry Potter movie. A photo of Gary Oldman in costume turned up recently on the net. Click here if you want to check it out.

Cheers!
Yeah, I've seen that pic. I'm on a Rupert Grint forum and they all seem to like it. Actually though, I didn't realize that that was the dude who played Sirius the first time, even though I knew who played him! but it doesn't really look like I imagined Sirius, even though he seems to to everyone else. But maybe he'll look more like what I thought later on after the tree and stuff, but, who knows? Thanks for the pic anyway!

wockawocka

Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot to ask this in my last one... does anyone know who is playing Cho Chang?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
wockawocka said:
Sorry, I forgot to ask this in my last one... does anyone know who is playing Cho Chang?
I heard that Cho Chang's character was cut from the third movie, but I don't know for sure if that's true or not.
Erin

wockawocka

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I heard that Cho Chang's character was cut from the third movie, but I don't know for sure if that's true or not.
Erin
Wow really, that's crazy! Well, as long as she's in the fourth one then, but I really think she should be in the third too. Was it because they couldn't find someone, or they didn't want the extra length? Or maybe it's because Hermione is supposedly going to be a lot more flirty with Harry and possibly Ron in the third movie. Apparently they wanted to add that because of "raging hormones", but I think that's a bit dumb.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
wockawocka said:
Wow really, that's crazy! Well, as long as she's in the fourth one then, but I really think she should be in the third too. Was it because they couldn't find someone, or they didn't want the extra length? Or maybe it's because Hermione is supposedly going to be a lot more flirty with Harry and possibly Ron in the third movie. Apparently they wanted to add that because of "raging hormones", but I think that's a bit dumb.
I think they just thought that she wasn't very important to the third movie. Oliver Wood was cut too, wasn't he? I know he was going to be but a lot of people protested... But as far as I know he's still out too.
Erin

wockawocka

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I think they just thought that she wasn't very important to the third movie. Oliver Wood was cut too, wasn't he? I know he was going to be but a lot of people protested... But as far as I know he's still out too.
Erin
Yes, right after I read your post, I saw an article about that. Then Rupert's stunt double confirmed that true, I think.

FozzieBear

Reaction score
Very cool pics! Not how I have imagined Sirius (at all) but I suppose I will grow to get used to him eventually...

FozzieBear (Luke)

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Er, Cho was in the 3rd book? I don't remember her (but I read it two years ago). Anyway, I think she is a minor character so they can probably get away with it. Then again, X-Men has done a nice job of setting up (potential) future characters with cameos. No reason why they couldn't do it with Harry Potter.

Incidently, plans for the 4th movie are rolling ahead. The studio is in the process of finding a director. The only concern seems to be that it might be too long so it will be cut in half a la "Kill Bill". Personally, I don't think it would be too hard to squeeze The Goblet of Fire down to a 2 or 2 1/2 hour movie, but I guess they are worried about leaving things out and alienating fans.