Harry Potter and the Priziner of Azkaband

Jonathan

Reaction score
With less than 10 days till the movie, who else is ready for it!!!!!!! :smile: :smile: Im going opining night :excited: I cant wait

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Harry Potter Prisoner of Azkaban

I'm ready for HP:stick_out_tongue:OA.It falls on my parent's wedding anniv.,that's how I remember what day it come out.Looking forward to seeing the kids grown up more,the new creatures & teachers,new special effects & to basically see how the new director did with it.I read the book 3 times, but all the new characters & creatures just couldn't stick for some reason.Maybe when I see the movie,I'll rerereread the book again. :excited:

Con Von Count

Reaction score
pronunciation

I was kind of surprised when I heard the way Azkaban was pronounced in the commericial, I thought it would have been more like Ahz-kah-bahn. I wonder if they only changed it for the movie ^^;;

But anyway, I do look forward to the movie. Azkaban is my favorite of the Harry Potter books.

Bonsaï

Reaction score
I am soooooo looking forward to it!!!! today, 2nd of June, it was released here in Belgium, and i'm already going to see it tomorrow!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! You see I'm a HUGE Harry fan, and the film looks sooo cool!!! the books absolutely rule. xXx

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
My sister and I got tickets for an 8:15 Pm showing of the movie tomorrow night!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOO excited! It looks so cool!

SarahFraggle

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the hippogryffs! I love mythical animals :excited:

Jessica

Reaction score
I have my tickets for tonight at 7 PM. I'm gonna wear a T-Shirt I made, and I'm gonna be the loudest in the theater!

I've seen all of the previews, the promo shots and everything since I work at like 20 Harry Potter sites.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I saw the movie last night...I must say that I really enjoyed it, though be prepared to be a little miffed that it doesn't follow the book as well as the others did.

Buckbeak looked so real! And I felt that in this movie there was more time spent on developing the relationships between everyone.

I can't wait to see it again!

Beth C

Reaction score
I saw this movie today and, yes, there were a few 'inconsistancies' that didn't follow right along with the book.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

To me, the pacing seemed kind of rushed, like they were in a hurry to get into the end of the book where all the action is. The whole Dursley sequence took less than 15 minutes, total.

Then the whole scene before the train was rushed as well, it was like the whole movie was on fast forward.

I kept expecting it to slow down some but it wasn't until about 45 minutes in the film that they finally began to follow the book. I loved the Dementors.. wayyyy cool.. Quidditch in the rain rocked, and the whole werewolf scenes blew my socks off.

All the characters were good, Buckbeak was realistic, and you won't be too disappointed if you go see it.

I'm gonna go again.. yep I am. It's worth it, even with the small inconsistancies.

~Beth C

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Beth C said:
I saw this movie today and, yes, there were a few 'inconsistancies' that didn't follow right along with the book.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

To me, the pacing seemed kind of rushed, like they were in a hurry to get into the end of the book where all the action is. The whole Dursley sequence took less than 15 minutes, total.

Then the whole scene before the train was rushed as well, it was like the whole movie was on fast forward.

I kept expecting it to slow down some but it wasn't until about 45 minutes in the film that they finally began to follow the book. I loved the Dementors.. wayyyy cool.. Quidditch in the rain rocked, and the whole werewolf scenes blew my socks off.

All the characters were good, Buckbeak was realistic, and you won't be too disappointed if you go see it.

I'm gonna go again.. yep I am. It's worth it, even with the small inconsistancies.

~Beth C

I totally agree with you Beth.I got to see the first show today,along with my roomate Sean.I thought it was rushed,to get what could be contained within 2 1/2 hours. I thought the new director's visualization was amazing,stunnning.It was like being in a dream.You get to see the far off parameters outside of the school.I loved the Dementors & Buckbeak & the special effects.I read(on IMDB),that the whole Dursley sequence was cut(for time purposes).Very surprised to see it still in the movie,glad to though. I like the casting of the new professors.It was terrific to see the cast has aged well,too.Michael Gambon does have big shoes to fill playing Dumbledore,he seemed out of place to me.Maybe his acting will stregnthen in the next movie,if he plays the role again. The werewolf scene was incredible too,Sean & I are huge werewolf fans. Overall,I was pleased with the whole movie,and can't wait until the dvd comes out,to see what scenes were deleted this time,probably a lot.I finally got Sean to read Harry Potter,he's on Goblet,he said it's one of the best book series he's ever read.I will definately see it again,we missed a few minutes of the opening,we were late).We got to see it on the big 70mm screen,wooohoooo.Looking forward to Goblet!!