Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

Gonzo

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen her interviewed on tv or radio or anyting--the interviews I've read have all been in print. I don't get out much.

Interesting perspective. And I'm glad she's retained creative control over Harry Potter, even if it means that the movies tend to be a bit bloated....

:halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I felt the first film was totally bloated, but the second was longer and still streamlined. It still had some interesting side stories, but most everything drove the plot forward. I can't say that about Sorcerer's Stone.

She is quite a strange woman. She doesn't seem much of a people person. I'm thinking she puts more interactivity into her characters than people. On the DVD she opens up a little more and is a lot less stiff. She also compliments the screenwriter. I hope the rest of the films follow the same formula as Chamber. Someday I'll get into the books.

The reason I thought there would be 6 books is because I think that's how long the movie deal is. I'm not certain about that. It's not likely they'll lump two books together into one film either. LOL! I guess we'll have to wait and see.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
The reason I thought there would be 6 books is because I think that's how long the movie deal is. I'm not certain about that. It's not likely they'll lump two books together into one film either. LOL! I guess we'll have to wait and see.
7 books, one for each of Harry's 7 years at Hogwarts. :smile:

Jonathan

Reaction score
Harry's bewildering deepened with every step he took, What on earth were they doing in a house where it looked like it belonged to the darkest of the wizards?
"Mrs. Weasley, What--?"
"Ron and Hermione will explain everything dear, I really got to dash!" Mrs. Weasley whispered distractedly, "There!", they had reached the second landing, "Through the door on the right, I'll call you when it's over," and she hurried downstairs again.

Harry crossed the dingy landing, turn the bedroom door knob which was shaped like a serpent's head, and opened the door, he caught the glimpse of a gloomy, high ceiling, twin bedded room, then there was a loud twittering noise, followed by an even louder shriek that his vision was completely accord by a large quantity of very bushy hair.

Hermione had thrown herself around onto him that nearly knocked him flat, while Ron's tiny owl, Pigwedion zoomed excitedly round and round their heads.
"Harry! Ron! He's here! Harry's here!"
"We didn't hear you arrive!"
"Oh, How are you? Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have! I know our letters were useless, but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't. Oh we got so much to tell you, and you've got to tell us, the Dementors! When we heard and that Ministry hearing, it's just outrageous! I've looked it all up! They can't expel you! They just can't! There's prevision in the degree for the restriction of the underage underage sorcery with the use of magic in live threaten situations,
"Let him breath, Hermione!" said Ron, grinning, closing the door behind Harry.

He seemed to have grown several more inches during their month apart, making him taller and more dangly looking than ever, though the long nose, bright red hair, and freckles were the same.

tHAT WAS ON PAGE FROM hP 5
THE AUDIO CLIPP IShere

Jonathan

Reaction score
Harry's bewildering deepened with every step he took, What on earth were they doing in a house where it looked like it belonged to the darkest of the wizards?
"Mrs. Weasley, What--?"
"Ron and Hermione will explain everything dear, I really got to dash!" Mrs. Weasley whispered distractedly, "There!", they had reached the second landing, "Through the door on the right, I'll call you when it's over," and she hurried downstairs again.

Harry crossed the dingy landing, turn the bedroom door knob which was shaped like a serpent's head, and opened the door, he caught the glimpse of a gloomy, high ceiling, twin bedded room, then there was a loud twittering noise, followed by an even louder shriek that his vision was completely accord by a large quantity of very bushy hair.

Hermione had thrown herself around onto him that nearly knocked him flat, while Ron's tiny owl, Pigwedion zoomed excitedly round and round their heads.
"Harry! Ron! He's here! Harry's here!"
"We didn't hear you arrive!"
"Oh, How are you? Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have! I know our letters were useless, but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't. Oh we got so much to tell you, and you've got to tell us, the Dementors! When we heard and that Ministry hearing, it's just outrageous! I've looked it all up! They can't expel you! They just can't! There's prevision in the degree for the restriction of the underage underage sorcery with the use of magic in live threaten situations,
"Let him breath, Hermione!" said Ron, grinning, closing the door behind Harry.

He seemed to have grown several more inches during their month apart, making him taller and more dangly looking than ever, though the long nose, bright red hair, and freckles were the same.
here is the audia clip here!!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
7 books, one for each of Harry's 7 years at Hogwarts. :smile:
I'll reiterate. I heard that the film deal covered 6 books - not that their only would be 6 books (although that was my initial assumption before DramaQueen86 corrected me. It could have very well been a misprint, however my last post was about what if there will only be 6 films. It isn't likely, but you never know.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I'll reiterate. I heard that the film deal covered 6 books - not that their only would be 6 books (although that was my initial assumption before DramaQueen86 corrected me. It could have very well been a misprint, however my last post was about what if there will only be 6 films. It isn't likely, but you never know.
I know you meant the film deal. I was just explaining why there are going to be 7 books for anyone that might not know.

Jonathon- thanks for posting that exerpt! It just makes me more anxious to read it now and find out what its talking about!!!:big_grin: :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Cool. I think DramaQueen just mentioned that too when I originally brought it up a few posts back. :wink:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
My, I'm joining this thread late (although it's been aaaaaaaages since I've had any free time. All thanks to school and work!).

I am very excited about Book Five coming out. Yay! I have a copy reserved at my local Barnes & Noble store. There gonna have a midnight party, and like the geek that I am, I'm going. And I'm gonna drag my two friends along (they are Harry Potter fans too, but not to the degree that I am). I even managed to get a few days off of work, so I shall be reading for those days.

Yay!

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
I am very excited about Book Five coming out. Yay! I have a copy reserved at my local Barnes & Noble store. There gonna have a midnight party, and like the geek that I am, I'm going. And I'm gonna drag my two friends along (

...I'm doing that too...except I don't have any friends to bring.

:frown:

:halo:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn