Harry Potter and the order of the phoniex

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
i dont know. my brain seems to be strambled.:confused:

oh yeah, hitler. ummm, no just saying that perfection is hardly ever the answer.:wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Well, if we are going for perfection, you should try capitilization.

Sarah:big_grin:

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
OH, OUCH THAT HURT. I AM MORTALY WOUNDED. I DONT THINK I'LL SURVIVE THAT ONE!!!!

THIS BETTER?:big_grin:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
WARNING: This post contains spoilers for people who haven't finished/reached Book 4 yet.

I'm excited about it. After three years of listening to one of my friends saying I should read the books (and saying he'd let me borrow the first one but never following through on that), I saw Books 1, 2 and 4 in my campus bookstore, broke down and bought 1 and 2. Later on I bought 4, but didn't read it until after I had purchased book 3. I'm planning on buying OotP, but I might wait until the hype the day it comes out dies down so I'm not fighting any crowds.

Given all the speculation over the fifth book, and the Harry Potter series in general, I've got a question to ask of all the HP fans here. What is the dumbest or most ludicrous thing you've ever heard from other fans regarding the HP fandom?

For me, it would have to be what's debated in this thread here: http://pub95.ezboard.com/fdigimon45940frm20.showMessage?topicID=550.topic

For those of you who DON'T want to read it, here's the abridged version. Basically a quote made by JKR in a radio interview has been debated in a different forum. In the quote JKR makes reference to a very significant even that she spent ten years working towards that was a big part of the closing scene of GoF. General consensus and common sense would dictate that she is talking about the return of Voldemort.

The Harry/Hermione shippers believe JKR is talking about a kiss on the cheek that Hermione gave Harry near the end of the book.

I'll leave you to read that thread and draw your own opinions about this. Meanwhile I'm going to ponder the possible decline of intelligence in the fandom.

-Kim

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
I'll leave you to read that thread and draw your own opinions about this. Meanwhile I'm going to ponder the possible decline of intelligence in the fandom.
Ha! That is absolutely ridiculous! I don't even remember the kiss and I've read the book more than once!! That makes me laugh that people would even think it was anything other than the obvious return of Voldemort. :rolleyes:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
Ha! That is absolutely ridiculous! I don't even remember the kiss and I've read the book more than once!! That makes me laugh that people would even think it was anything other than the obvious return of Voldemort. :rolleyes:
Well couples shippers - WHATEVER the fandom - can get pretty strange sometimes. I mean, a lot of these people are SO desperate for evidence that their preferred couple is the "right" one that they'll just up and pull stuff out of thin air (or out of their rears, whichever is most convenient)! And a lot of these same shippers are the ones who will bash other characters who even have an iota of potential of breaking up the couple they ship, and sometimes will even flame other fans.

The only place I've seen it worse than the HP fandom is the Digimon fandom, especially in the Adventure seasons.

It's just crazy-nuts.

-Kim

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
What do you think of Rowling? She's a very odd, headstrong woman. I guess that's what makes the books such a driving force in global pop culture.
So because she's an odd, headstrong woman, the books are a success?

:confused:

I think the biggest reason beyond her knack for writing is that she's been able to create a sort of amalgam of myths, legends, and coming-of-age stories. I don't know that there's a lot of "originality" in Rowling's HP books, but she's able to create fantastic stories from all those other "used" ideas. I'm not knocking her at all, because all four books I've read and reread I love, and I think are well written. But it's not like she created dragons and sphinxes and wizards and such. But she DID take all those ideas, put her own unique touch to them, and has created a beieveable universe for all those wizards to inhabit.

I know *I* get into it.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:halo:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
She is a very odd woman in interviews, but I think that gives her the edge to make such intriguing books. I guess you took it in a negative way. I also think the fact that she is unbending keeps her selling out her vision even though she sold the rights to her books for millions. She's probably not the type of person I'd want to pal around with, but she is certainly a very interesting lady.