Happy Singles Thread!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Inspired by one of Byron's pet peeves, I've decided to create a thread for all us single folks, especially those of us who don't mind too much! That's not to say I have anything against having a boyfriend at some point, but I'm certainly not miserable without one. I've done all right for 22 years! :wink: So, happy singles, post here! :smile:
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
Totally content.

Was married many many moons, have had my share of dates, etc., not doing anything at all in that department now by choice, I'm most happy with it. It's the right place for me to be at the moment, no question. It leaves me with more to give to creativity and other aspects of life, I love it.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm a homebody, and happy to keep my parents and brother the most important people in my life right now. :halo:
Erin

anathema

Reaction score
Can't imagine when I'd ever have the time for a g/f...

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm tryin' to get my life on track by focusin' on where I wanna end up relocatin', what I wanna do, my spirituality, etc. Datin' would just mean havin' to spend money on somebody else that I can barely afford to use fer muh own bills 'n food! Psh, whatever! :rolleyes: lol

'Sides, I just don't want it right now...

We can be the "SAP"s---"Single And Proud"! lol! :cool:

anathema

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Yeah, I'm tryin' to get my life on track by focusin' on where I wanna end up relocatin', what I wanna do, my spirituality, etc. Datin' would just mean havin' to spend money on somebody else that I can barely afford to use fer muh own bills 'n food! Psh, whatever! :rolleyes: lol

'Sides, I just don't want it right now...

We can be the "SAP"s---"Single And Proud"! lol! :cool:
Thus neatly defining you as a "poor SAP" :-P

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I've never had a boyfriend. Never ONCE. Usually, when people find out about this, their immediate response is to try to fix me up w/someone! It drives me CRAZY...They find it hard to believe that I'm HAPPY being single...Besides, I'm only 18! What's the rush? I don't have the time OR energy to spend on a boyfriend, anyway...But some people think it's impossible to be single and happy at the same time! (The same people who just jump from one relationship to another, b/c they don't feel whole w/o a boyfriend/girlfriend!) Sometimes I feel like the only one who's single, and happy that way! Even my friends who SAY they're single & happy suddenly do a 180 at the prospect of a relationship....

anathema

Reaction score
My mother's becoming quite unsubtle about it. I think she wants grandchildren...

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Oho, I've had my share of ex's in the past. I started going out with my first boyfriend when I was 14... he was a jerk. Then the one after him, jerk, and the one after that one... jerk. And guess what? The last boyfriend I had was a... that's right, you guessed it! A jerk! And that was when I was 18, so I've been happily single for 2 years! And to be perfectly honest, after the string of boyfriends I've had (you people honestly have no idea what they put me through) I don't want another relationship until I'm AT LEAST 30!

^_^ Debo