Happy 80th Birthday Caroll Spinney!

Schfifty

Reaction score
Today is a special day among Sesame Street fans–young and old. The legendary performer behind Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, Caroll Spinney, turns 80 years old day. He is the oldest Muppeteer, and for over 40 years, he has entertained millions of children (and parents) all around the world. It is such a blessing to have Caroll reach the octogenarian stage of his life, and also such a blessing that he still performs those two famous characters! :wisdom: :grouchy:

So from me, and the users of Muppet Central Forum...

HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY, CAROLL SPINNEY!
(and many more to come...)​

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Carol! You have been Sesame Street's rock for almost 45 years! A lot of people would have retired by now, but you continue to bring laughter, joy love, and grouchiness to millions of kids, and adults all over the world! Jim would be proud of the work you have done, and continue to do!

Collgoff

Reaction score
Here's to you Caroll Spinney !

Happy 80th Birthday and hope you'll live up to be 1oo years old.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Caroll! Hope you have a good day with all your Sesame Street friends.:wisdom:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to meet him a few years back, and he is one of the nicest, most decent people I ever met. And he has reached a wonderful stage of contentment in his life. He keeps performing, he still draws, he has a wonderful wife, and he's very satisfied with everything he's achieved in life.

And he's not sitting back in a rocking chair either. He's gone skydiving, packing so much into every day, enjoying everything in this world.

He has it all. Not only does he have years in his life, he has life in his years.

galagr

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Caroll! :wisdom::grouchy:

I still remember, two years ago, the excitement I felt when your autograph came in the mail. I still feel that excitement every time I look at the pictures. Thanks for all that you've done throughout your eighty years (and hopefully many more to come!).