Happy 66th, Jim!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA!

I know I'm kind of jumping the gun here since it's not Jim Henson's birthday til Sept 24th, but I can't wait any longer.

I think for me one of the greatest gifts anyone can ever give me is a compliment, mainly the kind that says, "You've inspired me..." in some way.

How about this? For Jim's birthday, let's continue this thread by giving the gift of thanks for how he's inspired us.

For me, the inspiration to create and entertain and just have fun with life was by him. He was responsible for my love of puppetry and the person whose puppetry and puppeteers I studied to improve my own skills. I think it would be because of Jim that people are able to tell me, "I can't believe I'm talking to this Muley puppet, because he seems so real!" THAT is a compliment to a puppeteer, when you're standing right in front of someone and they don't notice you!

Of course, for me, without God in my life and behind my hand, my creativity has no meaning and wouldn't exist, but it would be Jim whose works I admired that reinforced the talents God bestowed on me.

So much more to say, so little time...not that I ever make much sense anyhoo.

Laters Gang!
F:big_grin:Z

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Jim,

Thank you for the wonderous inspiration and influence you spread on the face of this earth. You're sense of humour, magic, playfulness and fun added an enormous demention to Sesame Street that never would have happened without you. I feel your spirit when watching old timeless classic episodes. Without you, it would have been nothing but a plain ordinary street. All of us admired your work and your vision and your sweet, gentle spirit. To this very day we still do. You may be gone but never ever forgotten.

Thank you Jim Henson, wherever you are!!!!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Where would we be if God had not made Jim Henson? The last seven years of my life would have been a lot less meaningful and exciting. I've felt close to Jim since the day I read his biography, even though I never knew him personally. He was gonna be an artist, I was gonna be an artist, and I liked acting. His life showed me how I could combine my interests and talents for their maximum benefit. I only hope I can accomplish that as well as he did, and with such a positive spirit. It never ceases to amaze me that a guy who, despite being dead for 12 years, continues to influence and impact my life. I hope his life on earth benefits him as much and more than it has me.

"May I in youth make this my life's career:
To leave earth better for my being here."

Happy Birthday to Jim!

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW!!! Weird Al YAnkovic on the 23rd, and now my other Hero, Jim.

He has given us the greatest gift of all, quality entertainment, great art, and the message never to give up and to keep searching for the Rainbow Connection.

Surely his great gifts are missed, but not forgotten. Thank you Jim Henson! Where ever you are!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
-

Jim Henson, That sums it up.

That name puts a smile on my face, And i know it will forever !

Happy Birhday Jim !

Smig

Reaction score
What I said in the past goes for now:
You will always be missed;You will never be forgotten.

Happy Birthday;Mr. Henson;

Smig