Halloween is just around the corner

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------
Sweet. I'm still trying to decide what to carve my pumpkins as...I don't have enough time to get really elaborate but I don't want boring. Am thinking maybe an open book with a spider for the big, flattish "Cinderella" pumpkin and a raven for the regular one...

Sadly, I'll probably just throw on a Halloween t-shirt to wear answering the door. No costume this year...but I'm still hoping for a plaid sports coat by Nov 23!
-----------------------------

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
me at work last night...and today too. i made it myself. (yes, my fingernails are green too):smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
That is an aweseom costume Frogboy

I'm so happy, I'm finally finished with my Halloween Puppet. I'm gonna use her to hand out candy this year. We're doing a tunk or treat and my sister had an idea that I should have a bell on my car that the kids can ring like a doorbell.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My costume was really cheap. Just a green hoodie + some felt = Kermit! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
YAY. I got to mope around the house all day.

I'm really considering harshly demoting this holiday as my second least favorite under Valentines day. For the same reasons, of course. Halloween, unless you're a kid or an adult with somewhere to go, it's just another day. Actually, worse... because it's just another day where you're SUPPOSED to be having fun, and you're not.

All I get out of the day is the Simpsons Halloween episode and Count Chocula (because thanks to nitwit parental groups, you can't get it year round when I defy someone to tell me High Fructose corn syrup drenched Special K is oh so much more healthy). The special was okay, I guess... I didn't get any of the references since I don't watch Dexter that doesn't have a laboratory and I didn't bother with Avatar. NBC didn't even rerun the Monsters VS Aliens special. In fact, the only great thing was that after many head banging attempts, I got the entire run of Treehouse of Horror Burger King figures.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
Was pleased with the results of my house setup, even though I didn't have the budget I wanted to really go over the top. But my scary/scared jack-o'lanterns were a hit, and hey, turning out all the lights except for those and some candles and small pumpkin LED strings did the trick! Had LOTS of trick or treaters, had to dip into my personal candy stash. Worth it for the reactions. Line which made me grin: hearing a group of kids hesitantly shuffling up to the door, whispering, until finally one of them hissed, "Well SOMEONE has to knock!"

Love the costume Frogboy! But goodness...WHERE do you work? Looks...intriguing! :wink:

--------------------------

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I don't go trick or treating anymore, but I am deciding to be "Red Rding Hood" and give out candy to the trick n' treaters. I forgot it was about to be around the corner. I am not sure if I want to dye my hair red, but it would be nice and everyone will think I am nothing but a silly creature... or a stranger I guess.