Halloween is just around the corner

Convincing John

Reaction score
I figured I should post this in here since it was about Halloween anyway.

I decided I was going to be a Muppeteer for Halloween, I have a puppet (that I'm going to dress up instead) and I just need to figure out what I'm going to wear and make a headset for myself. And on that note I require assistance.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make an inexpensive headset like the ones used by the Muppet performers? :confused:
Which Muppeteer are you going as? You might need a beard.:wink:

Have you checked out the funny, classic articles on Tough Pigs about Halloween costumes? There was a kid some years ago who dressed up like Jim Henson. It was cute.

Don't forget that the Muppeteers had (maybe still have) pictures of their characters on their headbands. You could draw 'em on a seperate sheet of paper, then glue 'em to the headband.

Try a craft store (like Hobby Lobby) for wire and foam for the microphone. Of course, Google pictures of the Muppeteers for references. The Muppet Wiki would be a good place to go, too.

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
i'm going trick-or-treating with two of my friends, and we dunno what to be. i wanted us to go as statler, waldorf, and fozzie, but no. my friends are stubborn and refuse to put on muppet costumes. they almost agreed to sesame street, but then they found better stuff. we're thinking of being clowns, but that's kinda boring. anybody have some suggestions?
Clowns? Well, how bout a compromise? They can be clowns, while you can dress up like Lew Zealand (he kinda looks like a clown). That way you get to be a Muppet and you'll fit in with the rest of your friends when you go out. If someone asks you why you have a fish, just say "Oh, just for the halibut." (rimshot).

Convincing John

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dont think I',dressing up this year. Unless we can get my leather jacket dry cleaned in time. Seriously, kids these days need to toughen up. One kid last year was scared of my friend who just had plastic fangs in. But maybe I'm just cold and heartless. Eh...might do something with my boyfriend

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm talking about 3 and 4 year olds XD

Thats all that seemed to ome around last year

but then again, I've seen some nasty 3 year olds

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm talking about 3 and 4 year olds XD

Thats all that seemed to ome around last year
Ugh... their parents must be the kind that gives out RAISINS or something stupid like that. Really. Weak. No wonder they have Halloween hoods now. Costumes have become cheaply made, overpriced coats. Where's the plastic smocks that have the picture of the character on them like they all the time wear? :big_grin:

You know a lot of kids these days actually pick fist fights with grown-ups, including their parents?
I knew the Barney and Teletubby generation wouldn't turn out good! :batty:

APRena

Reaction score
Cool. I'm dressing up as Beaker. :eek: (And I think I'm starting to get a bit of a crush on Zoot too...Why is he so irresistible to us Muppet fans? :cool:)
A: BEAKERRRRR! In costume form = crazy awesome.

B: He's just so... aloof. *swoon* :cool: