1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Half of the Stairs are Missing

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by TogetherAgain, May 23, 2009.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Uh oh, our top secret conversation has been overheard! :p
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Interesting Bat-master!
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  3. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

I just finished another rereading of this. And since I posted on HoG the other day, I figured it wouldn't be fair for me to ask for more of that story and not ask for more of this one. :p
  4. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

What does HoG stand for?
  5. Vincent Liu

6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

[​IMG]: You called?
  7. Vincent Liu

8. TheWeirdoGirl

*hides behind chair* Not that kind of hog Miss Piggy. HoG, aka Heart of Gold, one of Lisa's other stories that is sorely in need of an update. *hint hint*
  9. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Heh. Funny. "Hog" has entirely positive connotations in my mind. A hog could be a Harley-Davidson motorcycle, for instance, and that's the first thing I think of. Both of my parents have one of those. Then of course I think of HoG as in Heart of Gold, which is very long and has lots of chapters. OR, it could be HOG, the Harley Owner's Group, which also has lots of chapters, but an entirely different kind of chapters... All very good things! I mean, I suppose it could be used as a verb, when someone's hogging the blankets or the spotlight or other such things. THAT definition is certainly in my vocabulary. But oddly enough, I hardly ever use the word for the definition that most people probably think of first, which is as a noun, referring to a pig, of course, and... and please don't mind my rambling. I'm just geeking out about language. I do that from time to time.

Anyway. ...What was I doing here? Posting? I don't remember why I'm posting. I only meant to be lurking. Actually, I MEANT to be decorating the tree just now... or possibly playing a game. I don't remember which. Wait, no! I meant to be going to the bank. I think. Or, no, it was the tree thing, wasn't it? Oh dear. Please excuse me. I need to go remember what I'm doing.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  10. Vincent Liu

I think you were going to write more story. :p
  11. Abb Green

Abb Green Member

And this entire story, ladies and gentlemen, is why it is so IMPORTANT to look both ways before crossing the street! And also why you need to be careful about where you play and drive... :(

Great story, Lisa! :)
  12. TheWeirdoGirl

Hey Lisa... hope you're doing well. I know you haven't been around in a while, but if you see this, please know that an update to any of your stories would be much appreciated. :)
  13. Vincent Liu

Second that!
  14. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

A WHILE?!?!? Lisa has been gone forever!!!! Lisa come back so we can be Together Again! #badfozziejoke
  15. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

Maybe by the time Lisa gets back, I'll finally have finished Heart of Gold (or at least, all the current posts.):) Give her her space, guys. We all have different phases in our lives, and I'm sure she'll roll back to us when she's ready.
  16. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

a little frog heart is beeping away .......
  17. Vincent Liu

Makes me wonder how the authors feel about nagging…
  18. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

It can be annoying sometimes, especially if your life circumstances are preventing you from updating at that particular point. Whenever people ask me to update stories and I can't do it, it can feel like I'm letting them down. But I'm grateful for the support even when I'm not writing, and I've gotten to the point where I accept that if I can't do it I can't do it, and not get upset about it, because I plan to and come back to it. Most of the time though, it's just encouraging, and I'm grateful that every reader that I have. It's nice to know that your writing s meaningful enough that people miss it. I've taken breaks from this site time and time again, but in the end I always come back to it. In my opinion, nagging is a valuable motivator, as long as you are polite about it, and all of my reviewers most certainly are. :)

I can't speak for Lisa, but sometimes people take a very long break from things that they love and then come back.