Half of the Stairs are Missing

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yes, apologies have abounded and been accepted, now...

POST MORE, YE SCURVY TOGA! :shifty:

Convincing John

Reaction score
A tale is not a thing to be rushed, but a thing to be savored.

In the meantime, I will enjoy even the tiniest details of the growth of the plot. I will delight in the tiny intricacies of character interaction. I will savor every stumbling block the characters find along the way. I will smile and giggle and laugh at every joke between here and there. I will, in short, enjoy the journey. To employ the old cliche, getting there is half the fun. If you skip the journey and just arrive, you are at most gettting only half of the fun you could be having.

You, Mr. Castle, understand as well as anyone how essential it is for writers on this forum to receive replies from readers, be it praise, encouragement, or constructive criticism, in order for us to have the bravery we need to continue, as our own Diva of Diction has just pointed out. I know that all of us are human, and I know that I am as guilty as anyone of failing to read and reply to the courageous efforts of many writers here, but when a writer asks, I make a point of reading, and even if his or her writing is not to my particular taste, I still make every effort to be respectful.

I hereby revise the previous suspension. I will not post more of this or any story, regardless of what chapters I may complete, until a proper apology has humbly been made.

With a heavy heart and grave disappointment,

Her Royal Highness, the Queen of Fanfiction
I clipped some of your post to save space, but I totally get what you're saying above.

I'm guilty of reading fanfics, but not really responding. There's some really awesome stuff here...your stuff, Prawnie's stuff, another tale (sadly unfinished) by someone else who I can't place right now I read ages ago. The title was something like "Romance and Reality"...

It's because of the fanfics I read here that I was inspired to write "The Best Neighbor". A writer, like any artist, has the need to create and let their imagination flow. Like you said above, I too laugh at the way the characters interact, smile at the jokes and wonder how they will overcome an obstacle in a story. I have a special attachment to descriptive paragraphs and tossing in a few references here and there, some Muppet-related, some not. I love when people comment on my work too. It shows people are really paying attention to the story rather than just breezing through it like the grocery store ads in the Sunday paper.

It would be a shame if this story didn't get completed. It's chock full of Muppety goodness and reads like a Muppet movie I've never seen. I have yet to read the Mid-Age Crisis story, but I just read "Revenge of Elmo" and I thought it was quite good. I also read "Swamp Call" and "The Search for Sadie" for the first time this week. There's so much detail there, so much emotion, so much character development...I'd even call it "Jerry Juhl good." That compliment's for both of you writers, m'kay?

If it means anything, reading your and PrawnCracker's tales has inspired me to add more to "The Best Neighbor" and to think more about how characters can change and develop. Artisits inspire other artists. You and PrawnCracker have inspired me.

Lemme check out the Mid Age Crisis story and I'll try to take the time to make a comment. It might take a couple days to catch up cuz' there's a lot to read there.:smile:

Convincing John

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Thanks much, CJ. Your comments were great. I've honestly been trying to get around to reading your fic, but I've had a lot of end-of-the-summer stuff going on--I'm moving into my dorm room tomorrow. I'll do my best to read it sometime this weekend or early next week. :big_grin:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Thanks much, CJ. Your comments were great. I've honestly been trying to get around to reading your fic, but I've had a lot of end-of-the-summer stuff going on--I'm moving into my dorm room tomorrow. I'll do my best to read it sometime this weekend or early next week. :big_grin:
Oh, take your time. No worries. Moving into a dorm, eh? Hoo boy. Been there, done that many a time. How well I remember lugging all those boxes back and forth...clothes, books, a box fan or two...and of course my Grandma made enough food to send with me to feed an army. Thanks to her, each year at college, I made about 47 trips up the dorm stairs like this.

After what I went through, I wish you good luck with your moving. I know you'll be looking forward to when you can finally put away that last bit of stuff, then sit down and say "THERE. It's all done." I did that, then promptly did a Grover faint on the bed.

Read n' post whenever you get the chance...and when you move, never announce what you have in your arms while you descend a flight of stairs...especially if what you're carrying is edible.:zany:

Convincing John

RedPiggy

Reaction score
*applauds*

Okay, I admit ... you know how to leave a girl hanging. More please?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Leaves milk and cookies for Toga. Hope you're doing swell. Thanks for everything you've shared with us so far. *Leaves a little burnt marmalade-colored teddy bear for her collection too.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:stick_out_tongue:: Hey Toga... I was just wondering if you might update this great little fic of yours. Please? With a slice of pumpkin pie a la bazooky on top?