Gunge on Dinosaurs

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, it said that Gunge made cameos in Dinosaurs. Does anyone know what episodes Gunge appeared in on Dinosaurs?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Can't think of episode titles off the top of my head.

One was where Robbie had to learn to howl (Howling Day?).

One was where Fran got a job and started making money (Fran Gets a Job?).

One was where Robbie got eaten by a Swamp Monster (I Never Ate for my Father?).

Those are the ones I know off hand.

Yorick

Reaction score
Also, the creature in the beginning of Monster Maker (the movie within the movie) is on Dinosaurs at least twice...one is the "Totally Hidden Predator" tv show segment in an episode...the other I think is when one or some of them almost get eaten by them...

When I read on the muppet wiki that there was supposed to be a Dinosaurs movie (and the way I took it was they meant a film based on the show, as opposed to the original idea Jim Henson had for a film prior to the show) I was thinking "oh how I wish they would still" because unless I am mistaken, all the voice actors are still with us, so it would be so great...I don't even care how low the budget has to be, or if it has to be straight to DVD - and I say this only because they may not expect a big turn out - "in a perfect world" (haha dinosaurs CD reference) it would be number one...just like the show is to me.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Florence Stanley (Ethyl Phillips) is deceased, IIRC.

beaker

Reaction score
I started a lenghthy thread a year ago regarding all the Muppet related cameos and connections within the Dinosaurs show.

Jerry Nelson once told me that Fizzgig(of Dark Crystal fame) makes a cameo in an episode of Fraggle Rock. Muppet wiki says he's a member of the O.M.D (Organization of Muppet Dogs)

And several times we see a group of dogs(Muppets@WDW, Secrets of the Muppets) that is a mix of Muppet and creature shop dogs.

PetalGelfling

Reaction score
Beaker, Fizzgig WAS in an episode of Fraggle Rock. I believe it was in the "Gobo's School for Explorers" episode.

beaker

Reaction score
Thank you PetalGelfling, I'll have to watch that particular episode again. I love how there's this loose connection between Dinosaurs and Fraggle Rock, and Fraggle Rock and Dark Crystal. I personally now completely consider Dinosaurs part of the Muppets world and not a separate Creature Shop/Fantasy world like Labyrinth, Dark Crystal or Storyteller.

PetalGelfling

Reaction score
Oh me too ^_^. Even though the Dinosaurs themselves aren't exactly Muppets. I still think of them as part of the Muppet family. They were one of the last shows that Jim Henson worked on. Kevin Clash (Elmo, Baby Sinclair etc) has been part of Jim Henson productions for most of his career. He's so lucky to have worked on one of Jim Hensons last projects.

beaker

Reaction score
It's funny, I keep finding Dinosaurs stuff when I check out thrift stores. Sometimes I wonder how many people actually remember the show? Heck for the longest time I had my religion on my facebook listed as "potatoism" and my career as "working for wesayso"