Guest Stars: Who Enjoyed It & Who Didn't?

Yorick

Reaction score
Many, many thanks for the link to that clip! I've been trying to track down all Doglion's appearances and that was one of the few ones left I'd never seen :smile:
You're very, very welcome! :smile: Glad I could help out! Doglion rocks too! :sing:

Yorick

Reaction score
Peter Sellers is a weird one. He absolutely cringed at the thought of being himself, so that could give off an aloofness. he is indeed a fan of the show, and he just had a chameleon blending in with his characters. So it really is hard to tell if he enjoyed being there or not. But he DID like the show. I really wonder why they never did any Pink Panther parodies on Muppet babies, though.
Very very cool to learn Peter was a Muppet fan! I remember wishing he was dressed as Clouseau a little bit longer in the show than just that intro bit! But it was still a fun episode, and when he said "Link!" is was funny to me for some reason, just the way he said it:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's the name of that UK game show host that was on the first season? I don't think he really much enjoyed it. He came off really phony.

SeanC

Reaction score
What's the name of that UK game show host that was on the first season? I don't think he really much enjoyed it. He came off really phony.
Bruce Forsyth.
Hard to tell, really - he seems to be like that on every show I've seen him in.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I also think that Harvey Korman looked like he was doing community service when he was on The Muppet Show, I guess not everyone can be ultra-enthusiastic like the aforementioned Hamill, Denver and so on. John Cleese really looked like he hated doing the show, so I was very surprised to hear that he actually co-wrote the episode that way.
I always thought that Marisa Berensen looked like she was having a blast, especially when singing "Our House", and Leo Sayer looked like he was enjoying himself too. Lou Rawls on the other hand looked rather uncomfortable at times, almost as if he was thinking, "Okay, what am I doing here?". Maybe it's just me.
Anyway, I really enjoyed reading everyone's posts.

seradarkness

Reaction score
I just watched the Pierce Brosnan episode of Muppets Tonight and it definitely looked like he was having a blast. I cracked up when he was fighting in the lobster suit with Johnny Fiama singing. Brilliant.

David French

Reaction score
Bruce Forsyth.
Hard to tell, really - he seems to be like that on every show I've seen him in.
Bruce Forsyth talks about his appearance in his autobiography; he speaks highly of his appearance and said that after he had finished taping he saw the characters hooked to pegs looking lifeless and it made him sad as they had seemed so lifelike before.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Little Richard was definately having fun doing Muppets Tonight - and you can tell he loved doing Sesame Street! His enjoyment really shows when he's doing something he loves - he was in a classic episode on One Life to Live (which he was also apparently a fan of) marrying Bo and Nora in the mid 90's and it was obvious he had a blast doing it!

Not Classic Muppets, but you can tell Wanda Sykes had lots of fun doing Sesame Street - watch closely and it looks like she's trying not to break character laughing at Joey's adlibs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
John Cleese really looked like he hated doing the show, so I was very surprised to hear that he actually co-wrote the episode that way.
That was quite the whole point. he brought a perfectly John Cleese style of comedic tension to the show. Some of his best characters were either easily annoyed and upset (Cheese shop sketch, Parrot sketch, Basil Fawlty) or completely oblivious or deluded (the Black Knight)... and they really wanted to bring what made him funny to another show. Hence having a storyline where he didn't want to be there and he showed it. And it made it the BEST Muppet Show episode based on the guest star.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
When I met Valerie Harper at the annual Broadway flea market back in 2005, I mentioned to her I enjoyed her appearance on the show and she lit up like a Christmas tree and gushed about how much fun she had on the show. :smile: She said she loved dressing up like Marilyn Monroe, etc. for the one number she did where she had the different costume changes.