Grungetta appreciation thread

P

Princeton

Grungetta is one of my favorite overlooked obscure characters. She was Oscar's girlfriend and she had a very casual way of dressing. A lot of details are escaping me right now; the only thing I can really remember that she sang was "The Everything's In The Wrong Place Ball". Was she in anything else that noteworthy?

Splurge

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Grungetta is one of my favorite overlooked obscure characters. She was Oscar's girlfriend and she had a very casual way of dressing. A lot of details are escaping me right now; the only thing I can really remember that she sang was "The Everything's In The Wrong Place Ball". Was she in anything else that noteworthy?
On the "Sesame Road" cassette/CD, her song is "Grouch Girls Don't Want to Have Fun." Oscar sings in the background - off key, of course.

Which reminds me....
Both Oscar and Grungetta have something called "The Off-Key Song", as entitled on Shalom Sesame, though most people who've heard it would call it "We Are A Couple of Grouches". I don't know which is the official title, but you get the idea.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Grungetta lives

I actually got to meet Pam Arciero, the Muppeteer who performs Grungetta. This season she got to do a few more appearances, but is more busy these days helping with a new season of Between the Lions. In between performing, she also hosts workshops for those who really want to get into puppetry. Still very neat, very sweet. :smile:

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
I heard there was a episode with Grungetta and Oscar wanting to get married, if anyone remembers, what year was that episode?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Princeton said:
She appeared in two episodes this season as well. The one where Baby Bear teaches Curly how to draw and the one where Gabi gets sidetracked when she's supposed to help Alan at Hooper's.

ssetta

Reaction score
SesameStreetGuy said:
I heard there was a episode with Grungetta and Oscar wanting to get married, if anyone remembers, what year was that episode?
That was 1996-97.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think it was episode number 3609. I actually saw it a lot, because I remember it aired during pledge season.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Do you have that episode? If so,What muppet skits are on there :confused: