Grover works for Amtrak! (a Waiter Grover fan-fic)

wiley207

Reaction score
This is inspired by the "Real Wheels" video "There Goes a Train," which had a scene that reminded me of the old "Waiter Grover" skits. So here you go...

(We start on live-action stock footage of a modern Amtrak Superliner train speeding through the countryside. Then we fade into the dining car, where Mr. Johnson/Fat Blue is sitting at a table.)

Fat Blue: Ahh, what a nice idea it was to get away from Sesame Street for a while by train. Plus, I won't have to worry about being waited on by blue young monsters. Hmm, what's keeping the service? Uh, waiter!

Grover: (enters, dressed in an Amtrak dining car uniform) Yes sir, railroad waiter Grover at your service, sir! Welcome to our fine Amtrak dining car! What do we have for you today, some pasta or a souffle?

Fat Blue: Oh no, not you again!

Grover: (talking with some weird accent) What would you like to drink, my dear?

Fat Blue: An iced decaf coffee would work for me.

Grover: Iced latte, a-ho-ho! And what would you want to eat sir?

Fat Blue: I'll just have a burger.

Grover: A buh-gerr! A rare-bu-buh-gerrr! Perhaps it will be done a medium rare buh-ger, my dear, I will be right back sir, thank you for dining with us on Amtrak, and enjoy your trip. (walks off) Hey Charlie Junior, prepare for us a burger!

Fat Blue: (sighs) At least he's not DRIVING the train. That would be MUCH more dangerous.

(Grover now returns with a tray with a soft drink soda can on it, and some kind of chicken dish. He tries to balance it on one hand, but suddenly stumbles and loses his balance due to the train's movement, a plate goes flying, and the tray spills right in front of Fat Blue! A bowl lands on Fat Blue's head.)

Fat Blue: Oh goodness gracious, here we go again!

Grover: Oh, sorry!

Fat Blue: What's going on here? Don't you know it?

Grover: Sorry sir, I, uh... (grabs bowl off Fat Blue)

Fat Blue: Oh my!

Grover: I am so sorry! Sorry sir, I will get you something new, on the house! Uh, there is your chicken...

Fat Blue: I didn't order chicken!

Grover: Oh, a burger, right? A burger! And with french fries and, a coke?

Fat Blue: Yes, a coke may be safer than a coffee.

Grover: OK, then I will be right back. Make sure you must always keep your balance on a moving vehicle like a train, so you do not have an accident like I do!

Fat Blue: (looks at the camera and sighs)

Tell me what you think!