Grover and Kermit The Frog

Al Hempker

Reaction score
Anyone remember the Grover & Kermit clips from back in the day? My favorites are the ones where Grover is the door-to-door salesman, I remember two of these. One he was selling ear-muffs and the other was toothbrushes. After Kermit protests that he doesn't have either body part, Grover pins him down and puts ears or teeth depending on the item he's selling. Were there any more of these?

HILARIOUS STUFF!!!!!!

Dantecat

Reaction score
There was also another one where Grover sells weather to Kermit for his house which kermit never wants any of it but grover gives kermit free rain inside his house and an umbrella that's worth $7 for just 5 cents.Now that was a very funny one! :smile:

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
I always loved when Grover would run up to Kermit yelling "HEEEEYYYY FROGGY BABY!!!!!!" and then slap him hard on the back causing Kermit to double over. When we were kids, we would do that to each other all the time.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
In another thread, some members were a little upset that Grover and Kermit didn't have a more personal moment in Muppet Family Christmas; like running up and doing that whole "Froggy Baby" bit. Kermit makes great duo's with lots of other Muppets, :mad: :embarrassed: :concern: are just a few, but him teamed with Grover was always my favorite.

TashAndMe

Reaction score
I recently recieved the clip where Grover is Kermit's plumber and he's supposed to fix the dripping faucet. Instead of fixing it, Grover just makes it worse. That was a good one.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
I always loved when Grover would run up to Kermit yelling "HEEEEYYYY FROGGY BABY!!!!!!" and then slap him hard on the back causing Kermit to double over. When we were kids, we would do that to each other all the time.
LOL! When I was a kid I had a friend whose brother was wearing a Kermit-green shirt once. So (not being able to resist) I ran up to him & said "HEEEEYYYY FROGGGIIIIEEE BABYYYYY!!! " and whacked him on the back. Needless to say he was NOT thrilled!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yeah those "Heyyyyyy Froggie Babyyyyy!" 's of Grover with the back hits were classic! I remember one time Kermit ducks and Grover goes,"Ahhhhhh!"
Kermit proudly says, "Missed me." Grover replies, "Froggy, I was just going to give you a little pat." Kermit says, "I'm well aware of your little pats!"

There were a lot of classic Kermit and Grover skits. Those two together were almost as great as Bert and Ernie! One that clearly comes to mind is:

Kermit and Grover are demonstrating short and long. Kermit says he'll do short, and hops for a short time. Then he says, " Now Grover will show hopping for a LONG time." Kermit continues this with running in place. After these exercises, Grover is exhausted and demands that they switch the short and long roles. So Kermit says, "Okay, you tickle me for a short time." Grover responds, "Oh boy this is going to be fun!" (Oh Grover!! Couldn't you see it coming, ol' buddy?!!) After Grover tickles Kermit for about 2 seconds, then Kermit, of course, says, "And now I will tickle Grover for a LONG time!"
And Kermit tickles away at Grover for a long time and the segment ends with him still tickling poor Grover and Grover shouting 'Stop!" and laughing.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Yeah those "Heyyyyyy Froggie Babyyyyy!" 's of Grover with the back hits were classic! I remember one time Kermit ducks and Grover goes,"Ahhhhhh!"
Kermit proudly says, "Missed me." Grover replies, "Froggy, I was just going to give you a little pat." Kermit says, "I'm well aware of your little pats!"
There was also one I remember where Kermit got him back. If I remember correctly, Grover was talking about a certain number(can't remember which one) and was asking various Muppets why that number was their favorite(in each case, they said it wasn't). Kermit came up just like Grover and yelled "HEEEYYYYYY GROVER BABYYYYYYYY!!!!" and slapped him on the back just like Grover did. Very funny.

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
The number they were talking about was 2 and the people Grover asked were Kermit, The Count, Sully, and an Anything Muppet.

fatblue

Reaction score
I saw this one skit circa 1971, well part of it, on the special The Muppets: A 30 Year Celebraton, or something.

It wasn't on SS, but Kermit was playing the piano, and Grover interrupts playing a banjo solo. Kermit gets frusterated and says:

Kermit "Why are you paying the banjo?"
Grover "You told me not to sing."
Kermit (throwing his arms up shouting) "GET OUTTA HERE!!!!!!"

And Grover bolts off the set. But I always liked it when kermit would get so mad.

Does anyone else recall this?