Gregory Hines Dead at age 57

radionate

Reaction score
It was just released that Gregory Hines has died of cancer at age 57. This was quite a shocker to me, as I didn't even know he was ill.

Muppet fans of course will remember him as the joggy whose skates Piggy "borrows" to chase down her mugger.

He was a fantastic, amazing, and talented dancer, and Tony Winner, and an incredible actor.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
radionate said:
It was just released that Gregory Hines has died of cancer at age 57. This was quite a shocker to me, as I didn't even know he was ill.

Muppet fans of course will remember him as the joggy whose skates Piggy "borrows" to chase down her mugger.

He was a fantastic, amazing, and talented dancer, and Tony Winner, and an incredible actor.
I didn't know he was sick either. :frown: What a year this has been!
Erin

Erine81981

Reaction score
I didn't know either. How strange not for me to know i normaly hear about those things. Good actor and good dancer. Loved him in every movie that i ever saw him in. Sorry to hear about that he was ill. Good Bye Gregory Hines. Hope u like it up there. Say hi for me.

Mklonstage

Reaction score
suprise

i accidentally started another thread on this....oops....

but yes i was shocked to hear it was from cancer, when i first read the headline i assumed it was some freak thing as a car accident or something. I go to the broadway news sites everyday (normally more than once) and dont remember hearing anything about him being ill. The last news i remember about the hines family, was when maurice began touring in GUys and Dolls. There are a few stories on his death posted on broadway stars

Gremlin

Reaction score
:frown: :eek: that is a shocker, I had no Idea he was ill, I remember him from the film "History Of the World Part 1" he also played in the film Wolfen.....later on he did some time on Will And Grace..........It seems like many great people of the 20th century have pass on....Bob Hope, Fred Rogers,and now Gregory Hines.......these are indeed sad times...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about it just flipping through the channels and saw it on the "Fox Report." I was pretty surprised I have to say, and it seems like we're losing an icon or two every other week. Heck, this summer we've lost Gregory Peck, David Brinkley, Katharine Hepburn, Buddy Ebsen, Barry White, Bob Hope, Buddy Hackett, etc., now Gregory Hines, and of course Fred Rogers and Maurice Gibb of the Bee Gees earlier this year.

Man, it's been a hard year for the entertainment world. :cry: (Never used that smilie before)

Chilly Down

Reaction score
You can say that again, BoyRaisin! It has been a rough year. My condolences. He will be missed.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That is sad news, I didnt really know who he was but I was watching the muppets take manhattan only a few days ago and noticed him. :sympathy:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wow. This has been the year of losing Hollywood stars, huh?