Green Day - Ernie

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
for those of u who are Green Day fans might know this, but if u arent, i'm gonna tell u about the......................GREEN DAY AND ERNIE CONNECTION!!!!

Ernie was talking about a green day once (from what i heard) meaning a day where u wear green, i think, giving Billie, Mike, and Tre an idea for a band name.

On the back cover of Green Day's hit album Dookie, it shows a moshpit (a blurry picture where everyone looks, well, kind of firey) and in the mosh pit, is (in his voice) ERNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heeheeheeheeheeheehee!!!! but CTW threatened to sue the band, so they got rid of Ern, and re-released the album WITHOUT Ernie. but, ernie in a moshpit

ERNIE: Hey, Bert! Time to slam dance!!!!
BERT: Ernie, this is really dangerous!!! (people grab bert and he starts bodysurfing) EERRRRRNNNNNIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the video for "Longview", it shows Billie 'slacking', being a 'slacker', "Sitting around and watching the tube but nothings on". above the TV, probably glue to the wall, is a small stuffed ERNIE!!!!!!!!!

That stuffed Ernie is the same stuffed Ernie that I, a Green Day fan, have owned since i was 2!

here's one thats, well, has nothing to do with it.
My friend Jim (who's always very sarcastic) wanted me to draw something for him to paste onto his guitar. i took some muppet pictures that i got from the internet out of my backpack, i asked if he wants one of these muppets, he pointed the one of Roosevelt Franklin. I said "Do you even know who that is?" he said "Yeah, Ernie! The FIRST Ernie!" i corrected him, drew a picture of Roosevelt on a quarter piece of paper (so it can fit on his guitar) and gave it to him. btw, he LOVES Green Day!!!!!