Gorg Choreography

Princeton

Reaction score
Do you think there was a choreographer on staff specifically to assist the actors in the Gorg suits with their movements/dancing? The Gorgs weren't in every episode, so it doesn't make much sense for the choreographer to be listed in the end credits. I'm thinking it might have been Betsy Baytos; she was on staff with Henson for Season Five of TMS, which ended two years before Fraggle Rock started. Then again, Betsy did audition for the roles of Mokey and Red and obviously wasn't cast, so maybe it wasn't her. What do you all think?

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Well, in the complete final season bonus features, when the mimes are talking, they talk about becoming one with whoever was voicing the Gorg they were playing. Trish Leaper talked about focusing in on Cheryl Wagner's voice. They never mention a choreographer.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I think so but why don't the people behind Fraggle Rock mention choreographers?
Here's an example of a choreographer named Paul Becker working on A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa song, "Delivering Christmas".

You see, they mentioned a choreographer during behind the scenes on this Christmas special.
It's a shame you can't know who did the choreography for Fraggle Rock. :sigh:

Hubert

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a choreographer. There were only three Gorgs, not ten, so it's not like it'd be that hard to move/dance around. Now possibly if the Gorgs are all doing the exact same dance at the exact same time, that could be for that...but I would think in most cases the performers just kind of did their own thing and adapted to each other.