Goodbye SARS, hello Rock N Roll History!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
We survived Toronto!

Seriously, that's a T-shirt that's selling on Yonge Street here. SARS? Check. Mad cow? Yup. West Nile? Yeah, we've had that one too. SARS? Well, yes, we had it again, but that's all history now.

To help Toronto recover from the damage the SARS scare caused (and it really was just a scare drummed up by the media, no one here ever got sick outside of a hospital) the the Rolling Stones flew in to their favorite city (yup, Toronto has at least one positive distinction) and they gave their biggest concert ever for over 400,000 fans at Downsview Park, a former air force base in north Toronto. It was a blast, unfortunately I missed it though because I had to work. :boo:

Some of the papers described it as "like Woodstuck, as planned by the Swiss" because despite being the biggest rock concert in the history of North America there were no fights, looting, riots, no one got hurt (except for a few people with sun stroke) and only a couple of people were arrested on minor charges.

You can read all about it in the Toronto Star or just order the T-shirt :stick_out_tongue: which are pretty nifty - I want to pick up one of these!

BJC899

Reaction score
I had seen a spot on this, on the news, it looked AMAZING. I would have flown up there, and gone to see the conert, only for the rolling stones, because I had floor tickets for them in NYC, and the concert was moved to the day before, so we missed it.

It looked like so much fun, and I'm so happy that the world is recoving. I should be in Hong Kong right now, but I didn't want to go because I was afraid of getting SARS. It's ok, iv'e been there before.

Well its over now, and we now need to go and travel. I love Canada, I stay at Mount Tremblant (SP?) Its so gorgeous up there.

:smile:

gymkatarules

Reaction score
I've always wanted to visit Canada, but alas. I don't like The Rolling Stones at all, but I'd've gone for AC/DC. :big_grin: The Electric Mayhem would back me on that one.

-Chris