GOOD NEWS from Disney on MCC DVD!!!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Eww lord, doesn't treasure planet look horrible? It looks like a futuristic animated version of Blue Crush (which also looks to be an amazingly horrid piece of garbage flick).

Sorry, off topic yet again :smile:

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Can't quite speak for it yet. Some looks interesting, some looks too trendy.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Well, I'll have to see it I guess. I'm just really not into "INSANE TRICKED OUT TURBO CHARGED AIR BOARDS!!!" WOOOOO PARTY HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...that kind of thing sickens me...oh well, I like to think that idiot surfers become fat old guys who feel sad about their lives...cool surfers become Brandon Boyd of Incubus! :big_grin:

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
<<cool surfers become Brandon Boyd of Incubus!>>

LOL! :smile:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Blue Crush (which also looks to be an amazingly horrid piece of garbage flick).
So I take it you don't surf? :stick_out_tongue:

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh no no Scarecroe, its not that I don't like surfing. I mean, I think certain people get a bit stupid about it (surfing 120 foot waves is not insane...its just quite dumb, and often ends in fatality. There are rare instances, but on the whole, I don't associate voluntary life-threatening acts with intelligence :smile:). But have you seen the previews?! Listen to these kids! They say every line in that cheesy, wannabe-hardcore bad acting voice. And the whole premiss just looks dumb (a girl beating guys at surfing...so?).

I don't surf (Florida waves are only big during hurricanes, and like I said I don't volunteer to die usually), but I don't have any problems with it. The only gripe I have is, the people. From the little the Blue Crush promo showed me...teenage EXTREME surfers are idiots...no offense intended :smile:

-Matt

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Now, I find it funny that the film that needed the widescreen treatment the most didn't receive it. MCC wasn't shot nearly as "wide" as MTI.
Actually...they were both shot at 1.33:1, intended for a theatrical aspect ratio of 1.85:1. The unmatted 1.33:1 versions of any Muppet movie are unuseable, since (as the original video of The Muppet Movie shows) puppeteers usually appear at the bottom of the frame, so the best aspect ratio they can appear in (showing the most information from the complete frame without revealing the puppeteers) is 1.78:1/1.85:1. No Muppet movie has been filmed at any aspect ratio wider than that.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Thanks for that info Jeff...that reminds (and clarifies) this one time at the movies.

I forget what movie it was, but the film was just slightly lower than it should have been, and so we saw the hanging microphone (ya know, the furry-looking gray colored one) in every scene to follow. Interesting.

Heck, I'd like to see the versions with the Puppeteers hands!!! :big_grin:

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
<<they were both shot at 1.33:1, intended for a theatrical aspect ratio of 1.85:1>>

I heard different from a source at the puppet guild and less information seems squished into the MCC cropped VHS so I took it as fact. I really don't see the logic of not shooting in 1.85:1 to begin with, but that's a subject I will raise at the next meeting - or dinner afterwards. LOL. As a student of film I am very curious of this. Maybe he was refering to the same thing that you are - that it was shot 1:33:1 with the bottom sliced to hide the "sock". If this is true of MTI, I don't see why they didn't use some of that footage for other shots that the sock was less evident.

Thog

Reaction score
I would not trust what the people at the Disney Store say. Especially about MCC. I reall don't think that they would know. I worked there and we were never given specifics of the DVDs coming out. I think the person at the store just guessed. But thats just my opinion.
Can you post the email you received? I'm not doubting it, but it would be nice to see for assurance.

Dan