Good bye Disney!! (sad)

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
IMO, Disney died in a helicopter crash. (I refer to the helicopter crash that killed Frank Wells; as soon as he died, Eisner had no Roy-like partner who could complement Eisner, and everything came crashing down...)

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I'm kinda glad Disney didn't get the Muppets. The Idea of Kermit and Mickey being friends, or even communicating makes me sick. That's just my oppinion though.

Jake

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Sir Didymus
I'm kinda glad Disney didn't get the Muppets. The Idea of Kermit and Mickey being friends, or even communicating makes me sick. That's just my oppinion though.

Jake
word.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah. that would be really weird! i was thinking today, and i wondered why Jim Henson even considered selling to disney....it just seems weird to me! did he know something we don't know or was he just blindsighted....or was the company that much better off then (disney i mean) just a few random thoughts out of my weird head

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
yeah. that would be really weird! i was thinking today, and i wondered why Jim Henson even considered selling to disney....it just seems weird to me! did he know something we don't know or was he just blindsighted....or was the company that much better off then (disney i mean) just a few random thoughts out of my weird head
Jim's company was having its troubles even before Jim died. Odds are he thought that his legacy had the best chance of surviving if it were supported by a larger company, rather than trying to stand on its own.

doctort13

Reaction score
goodbye.

I think that the Mouse has smelled bad for years.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: goodbye.

Originally posted by doctort13
I think that the Mouse has smelled bad for years.
For folks that know me, all the anti Disney rhetoric I spew forth is just some pop culture satire. The fact of the matter is, if only Disney got on the right track they'd be so much easier to stand behind.

Folks have to remember that it was the old Disney that wanted to court JHC. Obviously the only thing having to do with Disney and JHC in regards to a buyout are in the fantasies of Jim Hill.
(I feel bad for the guy...hey I got a spare $40^_^)

When Disney does something right, OMG it is the coolest thing.
Int he last ten years, a few juggernauts of achivements stand out to me:

MuppetVision 3D
Fantasia 2000(To say I was left in awe by this magnificant IMAX experience would be an understatement)
The aquiring of PIXAR and the release of such jaw dropping films as Monsters Inc and Toy Story 2
Releasing Bear in the Big Blue House
Tarzan
Emeperor's New Groove

Since the song and dance forumula got worn out, and their new 'strange and esoteric' post Mulan formula isnt putting behinds in seats...maybe they should do one final be all in end all cartoon...that like Roger Rabbit or House of Mouse, would contain virtually every Disney character past and presence taking on a threatening menace, of which the very fabric of the Disney continuum is at stake.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by murgatoad
Jim's company was having its troubles even before Jim died. Odds are he thought that his legacy had the best chance of surviving if it were supported by a larger company, rather than trying to stand on its own.

yeah that sounds like a good theory....and disney was about the only corporation that would even have the cash to do that at that time period...no other companies were really family entertainment centered...it's all starting to make some weird sense!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Re: Re: goodbye.

Originally posted by beaker
For folks that know me, all the anti Disney rhetoric I spew forth
MuppetVision 3D
Fantasia 2000(To say I was left in awe by this magnificant IMAX experience would be an understatement)
The aquiring of PIXAR and the release of such jaw dropping films as Monsters Inc and Toy Story 2
Releasing Bear in the Big Blue House
Tarzan
Emeperor's New Groove

i thought Emperor's new groove was a step in the right direction! then they went to all that weird junk and i just saw they were making a ATLANTIS TWO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO if it did bad in theaters why make a second one, this one is only video release though!

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Re: Re: goodbye.

Originally posted by beaker
maybe they should do one final be all in end all cartoon...that like Roger Rabbit or House of Mouse, would contain virtually every Disney character past and presence taking on a threatening menace, of which the very fabric of the Disney continuum is at stake.
and that threatening menace.... Micheal Eisner?

in the past 10 years, the things they released that I believe are truly good are: (Muppet Vision 3D is just over 10 years)
Lilo and Stitch

and the things they put out that were not responsible for creatively:
Nightmare Before Christmas
Muppet Christmas Carol
Muppet Treasure Island

They have put out some good stuff, but it was very few and far between alot of garbage.