Gonzo's Relative: Gazami!

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Here's a "girl" Gonzo I made up! I got the idea after watching MFS, so I just HAD to try it out! She's sorta loony looking, and pretty different (white fur!) Took me forever to think of a name, lol!

Here's the link of her face
http://i.xanga.com/sango/Gazami.JPG

I am barely finished her, and I still need to give her bangs, eyelids, and a body! Hahaha!

I also made her hands, and they look almost identical to Gonzo's (but more furry and white)
http://i.xanga.com/sango/Girl_Gonzohands.JPG

I carved a super-soft peice of foam into the nose with scissors, and I colored it a layer of fuschia (which all of a sudden turned coral) then I used a bendy wire to shape her nose!! I also used ping pong balls for the eyes.

I was wondering, too, since Gonzo has that eyelid effect where they go wide, I was wondering if I should put this feature on her...? What do you think?

Open for suggestions!

I'll show you updates in the future!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Fluff,

Hey ,
Wow that is great !

How did you get the Nose to look so smooth ?

See ya

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
It took me a couple of hours of chopping with the side of my scissors, and a nest of foam started surrounding my legs (LOL)

I LOVE how I got that reflective effect, same that Gonzo has on HIS nose! Yipeeeee!

~sango

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Fluff,

I am definetely going to try it soon !

What was the Foam called that you used ?

Thanks

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I got it from a pillow. It's the same sort of foam that is used in those "squeeze" balls (or little stuffed animals?), where you squish them and it *slowly* comes back into shape. It feels really soft & squishy, and it doesn't wear down unless you cut it...strange stuff, but its perfect!

I would definately LOVE to see a Gonzo-type creature from you! (or anyone for that matter!)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Fluff,

So did you make the nose and bottom of the mouth all one peice?

Can you descrive how you made the head ?

Thanks

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Yep! It's all one peice!

I cut the nose out straight, and left extra foam in the back so that the white fluffy material can go over it, and also there's extra material for the mouth, which you can cut into on an arch to give that sort of smiling effect that Gonzo has. Then I used a big fabric marker to go over the nose all in the same tone (avoid showing that *scribbling* look) and before the marker ink dries, use another peice of the same foam and gently rub in the ink. It gives a neat effect, doesn't it?

Here's a good example of it:
http://i.xanga.com/sango/Girl_Gonzo.JPG
(nevermind the eyelids, I took them off cuz they didn't look right!)

I put the wire in through the tip of the nose (believe it or not, you don't even see a hole after!) and you bend it whatever way. For the mouth mechanism, In the back, I cut a little hole for the bottom (just for the thumb) and I cut a horizontal slit for the top. I also dug my fingers in to stretch the material (don't fret on doing this, because like I said before, it only wears if you cut it)

After, I cut a mouth shape out of hard red fleece, and I glued the edges *into* the the direction of the hard material, and don't worry because the foam wil just fling into place. (make sure you cut out some indents for the mouthpeice so it doesn't seem to be sticking out) add a little toungue (I'm sure you know how to do that!)

I used a really fluffy lamb-type of material for the head, and a foam understructure for the "skull" I just wrapped the material all around it. Just be sure the eyes are on before you do this.

I hope I've used enough discription for ya (I'm not really good at describing things) but I'm sure you'll get what I'm saying once you're in the middle of making some sorta part of this Muppet! Good Luck!

BTW, I just used hot glue to put it all together (easier that way!)

Iggy35

Reaction score
That looks fantastic, Fluff.
So the rumours are true, huh?
Gonzo & Red Fraggle DID have a love child!! :smile:

IGGY35

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahaha!! Well if you put it that way!! LOL!!

wooooh! I'm going insane! LOL!

That was a good one :wink:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Fluff

Thanks for the tips, It really is great !

See ya