Gonzo and Rizzo on ESPN Sportscenter

Stulz

Reaction score
ok...

Originally posted by murgatoad
According to Tough Pigs.com, Palisades has been told that Toys R Us will not carry the series 3 line due to poor sales. None of the figures have sold well, not just Piggy.
Could you post a link for that info? I was just on ToughPigs and couldn't find it, Thanks

murgatoad

Reaction score
Re: ok...

Originally posted by Stulz
Could you post a link for that info? I was just on ToughPigs and couldn't find it, Thanks
The conversation at Tough Pigs actually concerned another discussion at the Palisades message boards. The link below will lead you to that discussion. Once you get to the site, go all the way to the bottom of the first page for the relevant post (written by Palisadestrav) :

http://forums.palisadestoys.com/showthread.php?threadid=788

Stulz

Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the link, clearned that whole mess up for me :smile:

We all gotta get TRU's new Action figure buyer to see the Muppet light

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Toys R Us isn't a store I frequent. You'd think that Kermit would at least hype the figures while he was there. Did he? I just don't understand how Heson allows such missed opportunities. I know they already made their money from licensing fees, but if this product (one of the best Muppet products ever) doesn't fare well, then other licensors will pass on them. Makes me wonder. My only concern here is that we get all the characters we can. It would have been a nice gesture.:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Jamie

Nobody really knows anything about the TRU appearance other than the article, so theres no knowing what happened but i'd be suprised if there was anything said about them - Mastercard would have had PR reps all over the place and they'd kind of look after their own event and mke sure it suited their own interests - ya can't blame them really as while it was a small kind of promotional event it was also about the kids. It would have been nice though to have seen them sat near the Muppet merchandise or signing some of it.

I'd really like to see the Muppets doing some appearances for the figures as it'd get them some press but i don't think we could kid ourselves and say it'd have a massive effect on sales as a whole - just in that store on that day. From the vibes i get it seems Palisades are too small to warrant appearances just for them, i did suggest cross-promotion so they were there to support all the Muppet merchandise but Ken replied before that other licensee's weren't up for it. This does show to Henson that store appearances work though so it might give some new leverage.

As for Henson missing opportunities - it's just as much upto TRU and Mastercard to promote the appearances but it seems neither did. TRU usually publish these things on their web site but i've yet to see anything - i know what you mean though Henson do miss the point entirely some of the time.

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
I am Suprised no one has figured the connect between ESPN and Good Morning America.

Thog

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
I am Suprised no one has figured the connect between ESPN and Good Morning America.
Hmmmm...could it be one of those Disney things?

Stulz

Reaction score
When did Boober Fraggle say that???!!?!

Drtooth

Reaction score
(Muppet Figure sales)

Okay... why is it then, where ever I go, the extras are only Kermit and Piggy? I mean, Once I saw an extra Dr. Teeth, and Bunsen was a Hot figure... Had trouble finding him...

TRU, didn't even PROMOTE the line, and hid them in the back of the stores, and no one was surprised they didn't sell (actually, at one I went to, the Simpson ones weren't flying off the shelves either) Yet they keep reordering the same rediculous Mighty Morphin Fad Rangers stuff (the only people who buy it are kid's who were too young to see it the following year). Of course, that stuff isn't exactly selling either.

Actually, Chicken Dance Elmo seems to be flying out of stores.... Anything in a chicken suit... man, I even want one, if I can remove the batteries).

Thog

Reaction score
Originally posted by Stulz
When did Boober Fraggle say that???!!?!
It's from when Jim Henson got inducted into the television hall of fame. All the muppets did a big musical number for Jim.