Gonzee's Playhouse Channel

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought that the title cards always had the same music, resembling the opening theme, but in the episodes posted, there's always different music during the title cards. Did the show start doing this in the last season or something? Though I have seen the few last season episodes that were broadcast on Nickelodeon and don't remember any different music.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well "It's only pretend" (Whitch comes on after "Gaston Babies") to "A Punchline To The Tummy" are actually a part of season six, and yes those episodes all had diffrent music during the title card. But "Muppet Babies The Next Generation" is the beginning of season seven. Syndication only shows up to "Sing A Song Of Superheroes", But the rest of season seven doesn't air. At least in the United States it doesn't. But Disney in England shows or used to show those episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well "It's only pretend" (Whitch comes on after "Gaston Babies") to "A Punchline To The Tummy" are actually a part of season six, and yes those episodes all had diffrent music during the title card. But "Muppet Babies The Next Generation" is the beginning of season seven. Syndication only shows up to "Sing A Song Of Superheroes", But the rest of season seven doesn't air. At least in the United States it doesn't. But Disney in England shows or used to show those episodes.
Same problem with Garfield and Friends. They showed up to half way through fourth season before they stared the first episode up again. They cut off great episodes like "power Squad" and the Garfield's Tales of Scarey Stuff that made fun of Barney.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I realize that. I'm just glad I have those episodes and that there available on DVD.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, too bad they can't do that with "Muppet Babies." The problem there is probably that all the live footage they use are clips from movies so they'd have problems with copyright issues. I think they could work around that though. I even wrote about that at the tv.com website. Anyway, thank goodness for sites like You Tube and Daily Motion where we can watch these eps any time we want to.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Remote Controll Cornballs was very funny. And I guess this means that Bunsen and Beaker did appear on the show in the last season. I thought they had stopped appearing by the time Bean Bunny was added to the cast.
Yeah, one of the reason they brought back those tow is because they brought back the long credit intro on the last season with all the babies saying what they like or do.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Remote Controll Cornballs was very funny. And I guess this means that Bunsen and Beaker did appear on the show in the last season. I thought they had stopped appearing by the time Bean Bunny was added to the cast.
Yeah. I've noticed there have been a few eps in the last season where Bean didn't appear. I guess either those were produced before he was written into the show or that he was just one of those characters who just popped up on occassion like Bunsen and Beaker.

The longer opening was brought back later on? In most of the one's I've seen from later seasons, it uses a shorter version of the intro. In fact, I sort of thought they got rid of the longer opening after season 2 or whatever. Could someone elaborate on what versions of credits were used on what seasons? I've sort of been wondering about that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah. I've noticed there have been a few eps in the last season where Bean didn't appear. I guess either those were produced before he was written into the show or that he was just one of those characters who just popped up on occassion like Bunsen and Beaker.
Yes, Bean wasn't in every episode after he was introduced. Same as with Statler and Waldorf. Bean didn't appear in Bearly Alone Babies, and Statler and Waldorf did. And I recall quite a few episodes with Bean that don't include Statler and Waldorf, including Muppet Babies: The Next Generation and Sing a Song of Superheroes. I believe that I once read at the Tough Pigs forum that one fan once spoke with somebody who worked on the show, and was told that the station managers daughter hated Bunsen and Beaker, so they were taken off the show because of that.

Now that I think of it, Bunsen and Beaker were still listed in the voice credits then, along with Statler, Waldorf, and Bean.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I believe that I once read at the Tough Pigs forum that one fan once spoke with somebody who worked on the show, and was told that the station managers daughter hated Bunsen and Beaker, so they were taken off the show because of that.
And the directionless Bean who didn't fit in and didn't know what he was doing was better?

BTW, If you want to continue the Bean discussion, I made a new thread... here