Gonzee's Playhouse Channel

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is currently up on dailymotion..

Part 1
Part 2

I have never seen this one before. it was one of the lost final season episodes, I guess (with Bean Bunny, Uncle Statler, Uncle Waldorf, and Baby Janice in that season as well- the lost characters).

In this episode they pretend to have their own network (XYZ, since Animal ate the other building blocks). Gonzo pretends to be Peewee herman, Kermit pretends to be on, what else, Sesame Street, Piggy pretends she's in Winnie the Pooh, and Animal wants to be Beetlejuice.

The funny jabs at SS were the best. They even referenced the old Kermit's letter lectures where things go terribly wrong. And in a scene in which Kermit and Animal pop out of a trash can... well... 2 guesses what joke they make.

All and all a hillarious jab at TV shows at the time, including Pee Wee's claymation fridge.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
This is one of my favorite episodes! In fact, that soft calypso music on the title card is actually part of the theme song to Pee-Wee's Playhouse. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
"lost" in terms of the episodes from the last season usually didn't get played too much in rotation, especially when syndicated. It's much more common to have seen earlier episodes. At least in my area...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This episode was good. It's a shame that the credits were cut by the user. I wonder what those claymation clips were from. Those animal clips look like they could have been clips from film inserts from Sesame Street.

Ridiculous was also the secret word in the Family Guy episode "Peter Giffin: Father, Husband... Brother?"

When the doorbell rang, I expected it to be a salesperson of some sort. I am surprised that Gonzo didn't scream and slam the door on Skeeter, though.

With this episode having Sesame Street parodies, it's a shame that Kermit didn't appear as a reporter in any scenes.

And is this the only episode without Nanny? Very weird. This episode wasn't syndicated or released on video, so it's not like it was edited (with the obvious exception of the lack of credits).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thanks so much for this episode! I've been wanting to see it again forever! I was just watching the episode "Remote Control Corn Ball" just yesterday on there! A Very funny episode!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Remote Controll Cornballs was very funny. And I guess this means that Bunsen and Beaker did appear on the show in the last season. I thought they had stopped appearing by the time Bean Bunny was added to the cast.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I especially loved the part whee Rolf showed up in the space ship and asked Piggy "Do you know what you need?" And she responded "A pistol?" LOL! It's also good to see Fozzies bear Teddy in the "Barley Alone Babies" episode, too.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I also like how Rowlf keeps asking "Is that whats buggin' ya, Perl? LOL! I'm been saying that ever sense that episode aired. I like that part where Piggy asked where the door in the space ship came from and Rowlf goes "Sears" LOL again! Any time anybody ask me a question for the past seventeen years, I've been answering with Sears, haha! I also love the Pare where Animal yells out Swamp "Momma!" and starts chasing after piggy. I was laughing at that part so much, LOL! My cousin used to sneak up behind me and scare me saying that, LOL!