Gone But Not Forgotten

theprawncracker

Reaction score
With this story, I pay homage to my friends both gone and missing. And to those scared by tricks pulled. Enjoy.

Fozzie walked the lonely sidewalk. Mildred Huckstedder had moved out today. He tried to keep a possitive attitude, but couldn't. First went Wayne and Wanda. Then Hilda the Wardrobe Lady had family complications. Followed closely by George the Janitor, who felt the need to get out of showbuissness. Mildred left because of a fight she had with Gonzo.​

Poor Gonzo... Fozzie thought. He must feel so alone.​

The truth of the matter was, that Fozzie felt alone to.​

******************************************​

Kermit took the long way to the theater today. He didn't feel like moving fast. He couldn't believe another Muppet had left them. Lips the trumpet player was scared away by Sweetums, Doglion, and Thog. Kermit knew that the monsters didn't mean to scare him away. They just had that look about them. He told no one why he left either. Sweetums just thought that their actions might have caused his permanent vacation.​

Kermit was lost in his thoughts. So he missed the turn to the theater. He kept walking. He had a song stuck in his head the whole way.​

Saying Goodbye,
Going away,
Seems like goodbye's such a hard thing to say.
Touching a hand.
Wondering why,
It's time for saying goodbye.

*******************************************​

Gonzo sat in his empty room on his bed. He cried into a tissue. He made Mildred leave them. He shouldn't have said that about her. He couldn't go to the show tonight. He just couldn't put on such a happy act knowing Mildred was gone. He felt so alone. He wished there was something he could do to bring her back. But, she left with no way of contacting her.​

She didn't want to be contacted. Gonzo knew that. She didn't want anymore to do with the Muppets. Gonzo was ashamed of him self. He sat by the window, and peered into the night sky.​

Saying Goodbye,
Why is it sad?
Makes us remember,
The good times we've had.
Much more to say,
Foolish to try.

The sadness did not end at the Muppet theatre. It hit down even on Sesame Street. Big Bird didn't understand why his friends had left. And he probably never would. No one told him anything.​

Big Bird felt like he had no friends. He felt that they left because of him, that it was all his fault. After all, if Guy Smiley and Sherlock Hemlock could leave, what made Ernie, Bert, or Cookie Monster any different?​

He hugged his teddy bear. At least Radar would always be his friend.​

Don't want to leave,
But we both know,
Sometimes it's better to go.

Gobo silently read the postcards from his Uncle Matt. He was so excited to hear from him after so long.​

Gobo had told all the other Fraggles of Matt's tales in the other world, but, there were other things he hadn't told them.​

Like, how much he missed his dear uncle. At times it seemed that Uncle Matt was the only one who really understood Gobo. Sure, Red, Wembley, Mokey, and Boober all made him feel great, but none of them had the same impact as Uncle Matt. His stories took Gobo's imagination to a new level. He could see houses and birds and flowers in his head.​

He didn't need more Doozer sticks, or more postcards, he needed his Uncle.​

Somehow I know,
We'll meet again.
Not sure quite where,
And I don't know just when.

The angel saw all this from his cloud. He knew that it was ok to leave them. But, he didn't know that it would come to this. They needed someone. A friend. But it was forbidden. He couldn't return. He just had to believe, deep down in his heart, that his friends, and his family, will be ok...​

You're in my heart.
So until then.

I hope you all enjoyed my story. For all members reading this, don't forget, all is not lost, talk it out with your friends, and your problems will be solved.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
You know something... as much as I love all the tales that all of the fanfic writers here weave, and as much as I will continue to nag the writers to continue writing... after reading this, I had just one thought: We need a little more of stories like these.

Beautifully done, prawncracker. Warranting particular mention... the angel. Just, beautiful.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs.

Words cannot express.

<3 you prawnie.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
:big_grin: :smile:

It makes me so happy to know you guys liked this story. I just felt I needed to react to the events happening lately. So, I did what I do best, ignore my homework and emote all over the computer screen. (Some of it got on the floor) I'm glad you all liked it, and I think it may have affected a certain member whose name begins with D and rhymes with P'Snowth. :halo:

Much love to you guys!
Ryan
theprawncracker(aka Prawnie!)

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You got that right, prawnie. :wink: <3 That is one of my all time favourite muppet songs (ironically, TA hates it! Hee hee) and it was SO touching and absolutely perfect. Was close to tears with the Gobo part. >< I have such a soft spot for those fraggles... **Glomps prawnie**

BEAR

Reaction score
To Prawncracker, King of the Stories...

Yes, I agree. Very nice little story. I shall call you, the Storymaster.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Cool! Another alter-ego!

Jack: That makes three of us!

The PrawnCracker: Indeed.

StoryMaster: Sit down, and let me tell you a story.

Oh boy...thanks BEAR *scrunches face like Kermit*