Gobo's "eh"...

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've watched the first three seasons a few times now (in " OMG I have boxsets now!" fashion) and picked up that Gobo has a habit of saying "eh". It makes me wonder if Fraggle Rock is just a little bit in Canada or not :wink:?

doc hopper

Reaction score
I think Jerry Nelson actually talks about this on the special features somewhere in the season one box. Or I remember hearing this from Nelson somewhere...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think he specifically talks about the "eh" thing in Season One, though he does demonstrate it. Maybe he's talked about it somewhere else though!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've watched the first three seasons a few times now (in " OMG I have boxsets now!" fashion) and picked up that Gobo has a habit of saying "eh". It makes me wonder if Fraggle Rock is just a little bit in Canada or not :wink:?
Here's why. Where was Fraggle Rock filmed? hense why he has an odd Canadian accent.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think Jerry described Gobo as a "Canadian Hero" or soemthign like that on one of the bonus featues.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Pooh, you're just getting picky; all the scene IN Fraggle Rock were filmed in Canada so there wasn't anything wrong with what DrTooth said.

Yes Red, it was filmed in Toronto, and I've spotted some signage in the background of a few Travelling Matt spots that shows which ones of those segments were filmed in Canada too!

And to Jerry's credit, he is pretty good about getting Gobo's "eh" in the right spots :wink: :smirk:

doc hopper

Reaction score
Yeah, I just went through the special features and he never even mentions it! I must've heard it somewhere else...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Pooh, you're just getting picky; all the scene IN Fraggle Rock were filmed in Canada so there wasn't anything wrong with what DrTooth said.
True, but a lot of the interwoven human & Sprocket segments were done in respective countries.