Glowie Duckie's Horrible Accident

Gonzo

Reaction score
Just wanted to give you another glimpse into the One Bedroom Apartment that's a li'l slice of Heaven on Earth that is our life:

Many of you know about my good pal Rubber Duckie, who I've had for 11 years now, and who has gone to various places with me, and been with many rich and famous people, and been in many polluted waters, etc. He has a photo album on my site.

Anyway, because of this, and because we already had a few Rubber Duckie things in our bathroom, we ended up getting a lot MORE Rubber Duckies, including a Devil Duckie, a Giant Lord of the Ducks (about 2 feet across) and probably 20 other assorted duckies in our bathroom. We're not shy.

A few months ago, at Target, I found a great new line of Rubber Ducks, from a company called Rubba Ducks (www.rubbaducks.com). It included a unicorn duck and a basketball duck and, well, visit the website, because there are a million of them. But far and away, the most exciting one was GLOWIE DUCKIE. That's not his real name, but that's what we call him. He's shaped just like Rubber Duckie, but glows in the dark. It's AWESOME. We love him very much. Maybe....a little too much. And too often.

So, wanting to maintain his brightness, we had him on top of the 1960's light fixure in our bathroom. And he's been there for a long time now, no problem.

So then we come home one day, after leaving the bathroom light on for some reason (keeping Pirates and Boogey Men at bay), and Glowie Duckie is partially melted, with herniated glowing Parts coming out of his belly. EEEEEEK!!!! It turns out that Rubba Ducks have a metal weight in their bellies, so they'll float in tubs. (Who in their right mind would put Rubber Duckies in tubs? They're terrified of water...) Anyway, that metal weight became super-heated, and uh, after it cooled down, he's still not quite right. We may be putting him in a Duckie Rehab Center of some kind for a few weeks. Right now, he's resting comfortably UNDER the light....and he did help Melissa out the other day when the power went out, and she needed a Glowie Duckie to help her find the flashlight.

That's the story. No escalators were involved. Thank goodness.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Poor Glowie Duckie...

But have you ever put a Cabbage Patch Kid in the mircorwave? Now THAT'S entertainment!!

FOZ

Luke

Reaction score
Quinnnnnnnnnnnn

That's it - i'm reporting you to the 'National Society For Prevention Of Cruelty To Rubber Duckies' or NSFPOCTRD to you and me !

Expect a man dressed as a duck looking concerned and writing notes about your wierdness down on a clipboard at your door around about ................................ NOW !

Oh yeah and a website selling varieties of Rubber Ducks ? You know i might be able to get some mileage out of starting a site offering counselling for stressed Rubber Duckies and their poor misguided owners. I bet there are tons of people out there in your situation.

.... and i'll be the first to add - if the way you treated 'Glowie Rubber Duckie' bears any similarity to your 'daddy training' methods then i'm airmailing your kid a flame retardent baby suit next chance i get ! :wink: