Which version of the classic "Glow Worm" skit do you love most? :confused:

The Jack Paar Show version 1964

The Ed Sullivan Show version 1966

The Muppet Show version (with Lenny The Lizard) 1977

:smile:

David French

Reaction score
Inch Worm, not Glow Worm.

IIRC, Glow Worm is your goodnight friend.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm much help, but I like all the versions of this sketch!:crazy:

It's funny seeing Kermit, with his classic double-takes and mortified look, as the "worm" keeps poking at him...and then his look of fear when the giant monster looms over him.

But Lenny's version (from the Rich Little ep.) is a classic, too. I love when he mumbles to himself, and the laugh he lets out when he thinks he's bettered the worm (Kermit did the laugh, too).

They're all amusing, and one of my favorite bits of Henson mayhem!

ploobis

Reaction score
Inch Worm, not Glow Worm.

IIRC, Glow Worm is your goodnight friend.
The skit was called "Glow Worm" in the 1960's because that was the name of the song that Kermit was humming to. :smile:

ploobis

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm much help, but I like all the versions of this sketch!:crazy:

It's funny seeing Kermit, with his classic double-takes and mortified look, as the "worm" keeps poking at him...and then his look of fear when the giant monster looms over him.

But Lenny's version (from the Rich Little ep.) is a classic, too. I love when he mumbles to himself, and the laugh he lets out when he thinks he's bettered the worm (Kermit did the laugh, too).

They're all amusing, and one of my favorite bits of Henson mayhem!
I love all the versions too! I even love the versions from The Hollywood Palace in 1966 and the version from The Dick Cavett Show in 1971! :smile: