Gladys Thread

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
this is a thread dedicated everyone's favorite muppet cow, Gladys! please say your opinions and your favorite memories of her. plus, does she really have a history behind her like most muppets?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I remember her pretty well. She sort of sounded like Janice, only more cow-like. In fact I think she even made an appearance or two on "The Muppet Show." My favorite song of hers is "Proud to Be a Cow."

roadrat15

Reaction score
Gladys was a ham . . .strange that,for a cow! I remember when she tried to be a frog and then the time she tried to be a rooster on 'Alphabet Chat' : "COCKADOODLEMOO!" LOL!

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually haven't seen all that much of her, but I think she would often try out for parts that wouldn't work, like that.

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
She's a Richard Hunt character so she's got to be wonderful :smile:

Splurge

Reaction score
When Richard performed a cow on the Muppet Show he would always give her the Gladys voice, like in the Beverly Sills episode. ("Madame Buttermilk". My heavens.....) Other than that, the Gladys puppet itself wasn't on the Muppet Show.

Like with Don Music, I don't see any of the Muppeteers doing the Gladys character as well as Richard did.

roadrat15

Reaction score
I also remember her being on the Sesame Street News segment on 'Jack And Jill' and butting in on Luis,Bob,and Gordon singing 'The Three Musketeers'

Splurge

Reaction score
If Gladys was still an active character on the street, I wonder if the writers would have done a bit about mad cow disease.

Y'know, linking it with the curriculum topic of "angry". :big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I too loved Gladys! :smile: She was always so funny on the street, and Richard gave her a perfect voice.

I loved her always wantin' to be a different animal than a cow, which she could never pull off. Great stuff!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Splurge
Like with Don Music, I don't see any of the Muppeteers doing the Gladys character as well as Richard did.
I know, and about Don, I LOVE the way in "Mary Had A Bicycle", while he was trying to think of lyrics, Kermit asked him "Well what do little lambs do?" and Don says "They go baa." notice, he didn't say "Bah" he said "They go BAW".