Gina as a Mommy

Son of Enik

Reaction score
I saw the episode in which Gina returns from Guatemala with her newly adopted son, and I must comment on it.
My father is from Guatemala and came to the United States in the late 60's, met my mother and you know the rest. Immigration laws in that part of the world were less strict at that time, as now it is dificult for the people of Guatemala to obtain visas in order to leave the country.
At the expense of sounding heavy-handed about all of this, I just wanted to commend Sesame Workshop for addressing the issue of adoption once again, particularly in an area that hits home with me and many other Guatemalans as well. There are so many orphaned children there and in many countries around the globe, it's nice to see an awareness raised and again, glad to see SS hasn't lost too much of it's original vision...to teach us love comes in many forms, as do families.

JLG

Reaction score
Aaah! I can't believe Gina's become a mother and I'm missing it! I never get to watch these days because I work a night shift, so by the morning I'm out cold.

I was four when Gina first came on, so I grew up with the character. To think I haven't been able to drop in and visit so I can watch this very significant change is frustrating. (can't get my #@*%! VCR timer to work, either...)

Oh well, either way, in my mind Gina will forever be the one who wrinkled her brow, turned to the camera and wondered "Do you think this stuff happens on other streets?" :wink: