Ghostbusters (1984) returning to big screen for October 2011

Yorick

Reaction score
Ghostbusters is returning to the big screen for October 2011:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=82450
Ghostbusters Returns to Theaters Three Thursdays in October, in approximately 500 theatres across the US on October 13th, 20th, and 27th, one showtime each day, in 2K digital with 5.1 surround sound. Please check local listings for showtimes. Ghostbusters will also be showing in select theatres in Canada and in various international markets; for more information on international locations and dates, please visit ParkCircus.com.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The last I heard, they were remaking the movie as well (oh, shocker), and all but Bill Murray agreed to reprise their roles.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't understand why these things don't have the same completely national re-release that The Lion King had (minus the 3-D rendering). You know, with multiple screenings in various theaters so you don't have to pay 20 bucks to see it at an inconvenient time...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------
Local indie theatre The Loft here has screened it before as a "cult classic". Wish more indies still existed nationwide!

------------------

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I hope it comes to Michigan! I was too little to see it when it came out.

Yorick

Reaction score
I don't understand why these things don't have the same completely national re-release that The Lion King had (minus the 3-D rendering). You know, with multiple screenings in various theaters so you don't have to pay 20 bucks to see it at an inconvenient time...
I agree with you on this 100%!:big_grin:

Yorick

Reaction score
Good luck to everyone who wants to see it! I do, too.

Yorick

Reaction score
Tonight is one of the last 2 times to see it on the big screen! Good luck everyone! Check your local listings! (I know some places play classics, but for most people, this will be it.)

Yorick

Reaction score
I saw it and I must say, if you're a big fan of the film, you really will LOVE it even more if you see it in the theater! October 27th is the last time. It was amazing...that early 80's magic in full power...wow.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly wish that either A) this was a national rerelease like Lion King was or B) it was at LEAST a double feature with the second film.

I wish more theaters and movie companies would rerelease holiday favorites to run every day at any time for 2 weeks rather than 2 or 3 showings at a certain time.