Get ready for some Muppet nightmare fuel

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I had a weird nightmare last night. It was Oscar and a Honker together like The Two Headed Monster and they were fighting over a alphorn with rapid 2 note music playing on top of a mountain and then they have sharp teeth and go in my face screaming. I woke up shaking in fear, it took me a good 10 minutes to calm down and know I was up and awake. lol I get the weirdest Muppet nightmares, plus they are the worst ones I can get. During the day I laugh at it, but when it's dark, NOOO! :smile:

snichols1973

Reaction score
Oh yeah totally. My personal favorites are Meet The Feebles and Puppets Who Kill myself. I'm renting Season 2 disk 2 using Netflix, the show really cracks me up. But when I was a kid, I was sort of against rude puppets doing quite adult things but now I love it. I think when I became an adult, I started to gain a more dark satirical sense of humor. lol
You know, this thread is a lot of fun. A place where I can enjoy my love for The Muppets as well as Dark Humor. :smile: I'm also a fan of bad B-movies. I think me and my friend watched "Pinocchio's Revenge" and just laughed on how corny it was. And the voice of Davy from Davy and Goliath was the voice of Pinocchio. Although his mouth didn't move until later. Still it can't beat the Jim Henson's Creature Shop version of Pinocchio. I remember seeing that in the theater and just freaked out when the marionettes were set of fire. I got to see that movie again, it's been awhile.

I might have mentioned already but for years I was so freaked out over Statler as the doorknocker in The Muppet Christmas Carol. I think I didn't face my fear until I was a freshman in High School. lol I remember someone starting a thread titled what Sesame Street sketch frightened you as a kid and I know for me it was this computer generated short with fish counting and then a shark comes and says ONE! I can't find it on the internet.

Though it seemed like Ernie not getting sleep from The Count sleeping over Ernie & Bert's place was the top sketch that was most discussed. lol
So Get Ready For Some More Muppet Nightmare Fuel. I feel bad for Ernie not getting sleep. It should have been Bert because the sheep brought Bert outside while Ernie was dancing himself to sleep. lol

It seems like the eeriest part of the clip was when you could see the shrunken pupils in Ernie's eyes as he got out of bed, and he was still counting sheep as a result of insomnia......

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember reading that there was a lot of Muppet fans growing up who got totally terrified of that when they first seen that. I don't think it scared me but it did develop in a nightmare which I think I mentioned where sleepless early grew like a giant, walked like Frankenstein's Monster and attacked Ernie while he was dancing himself to sleep.

cjd874

Reaction score

mupcollector1

Reaction score
SWAMP DEMONS!!!! lol

WOW! For some reason, an angry version of Big Bird always scares me. Kind of reminds me of the Crank Yankers version of Big Bird.

Has anyone ever noticed that the 70s hand puppet and finger puppet version of Big Bird always had problems with the eyelid rotation that always made him angry? I've had both, it's so strange.

snichols1973

Reaction score
SWAMP DEMONS!!!! lol

WOW! For some reason, an angry version of Big Bird always scares me. Kind of reminds me of the Crank Yankers version of Big Bird.

Has anyone ever noticed that the 70s hand puppet and finger puppet version of Big Bird always had problems with the eyelid rotation that always made him angry? I've had both, it's so strange.

Speaking of "angry birds"......:eek: